Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

Kiwi Lad, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Great Vendor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I does my heart good to deal with trusting folks. As some of the chat room regulars know I've had some issues with my intake/exhaust manifolds. I called Bob's Packard Parts and he had what I needed, when I asked about payment he said "I'll just ship it to you and enclose a bill" Now the man doesn't know me from Adam but sent the goods anyway (arrived today). Like I said, it does my heart good to be able to do business the old fashioned way.
Thanks Bob

Posted on: 2010/5/27 14:05
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Re: Great Vendor
Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
Can you put up his tel # and web

Thank You

Posted on: 2010/5/27 15:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Phil, I believe it was I who put you onto Bob Stolzfus; he's the fairest guy around and when he has what you want he always has the best prices. A fine gentleman, and a fellow hobbyist and Packard owner/driver. I've dealt with Bob for MANY years.

Posted on: 2010/5/27 15:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Turns out that I bought something from at Hershey last year -I remembered him but he didn't remember me.

Bob's Packard parts 717 426 1446 no web site

Posted on: 2010/5/27 15:55
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
I'm just happy that they retun my calls. It's always nice when there's that trust between the buyer and seller, but I imagine the suppliers have had issues on their side with buyers, so I'm always surprise when they ship stuff out ahead of time ahead of payment.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Quote:
but I imagine the suppliers have had issues on their side with buyers, so I'm always surprise when they ship stuff out ahead of time ahead of payment.

I've learned the hard way too many times. We have a special file of people we've trusted, and got burned. I have limited myself to trusting customers with parts no further away than I want to drive to get the parts back if they turn out to be thieves.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not that I sell parts in significant volume but I never asked for the $ up front, and was never "stuck" w/o payment. But what really galls me are folks I GIVE small or trivial parts to and never even get a thank-you! I've had a few of them, and from folks who have visited this website.

But what I won't do anymore is loan tools w/o a deposit of at least = to replacement cost - I've had that happen too many times to remember, and sometimes you see your tool in someone else's tool box and their comment is "I've had that for years". Yeah, and "where did you get it" rarely gets the appropriate response.

George @ OlCar Bearing is another vendor who ships first and says he has never been stuck for payment - I've commented on his excellent service before on these pages.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:41
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

mnieto
See User information
I too have delt with a great vendor. A while back I was having some carburator problems with my 37 120. I was going through Hemmings looking for someone selling carbs. and came accross an ad by John Ulrich out in California. I called him and asked about parts, he said he had them, I asked if he'd take my credit card over the phone, he said he doesn't do credit cards but would send out the parts with a bill. I was amazed !!! He didn't know me and I didn't know him. But I'll sure do business with him again and tell everyone I know about my experience. And to top things off.........his prices were very fair.

Mike

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
Ulrich is not bad but he sold me a 1936 Senior Grille shell that I told him looked like a 1936, he INSISTED it was for a 1935, he shipped to me and i found out it was indeed for a 1936, he would not pay return shipping to return it (though his error) but he did at least take it back..... I guess I just have a long memory.........

Posted on: 2010/5/29 0:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
On loaning tools:

I rarely loan tools. Only to a very few people. Usualy what happens is that the person wanting to borrow a tool is not concerned about the price of the tool as he is the time and convenience of obtaining the tool. He simply wants it now to get the job done RIGHT NOW!!! People like that have very short memmories. After the job is finished his brain goes into a kind of 'out-of-site and out-of-mind' world.

One person i've know for over 30 years is a great friend and a great person. Has owned many special interest cars over the years. But he is mostly an R&R parts mechanic. Has very little conceptual knowledge of HOW anything actualy works. Has a nice shop and plenty of tools. But quite frankly most of his tools are just bragging rites for him and his knowledge is limited to what he reads in magazines such as HRM, R&T etc. I won't loan him anything unless he uses it here in the MY shop or i stand there in his shop while HE uses it and i leave with the tool.

Bottom line is that many people don't care what the tool would cost them. All they care about is the inconvenience of running to the store to buy it. WHICH MEANS that they will not be to concerned about going to the trouble to return it.

Posted on: 2010/5/29 7:20
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved