Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 192

Duane Gunn, Don B, packard1949, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Just like the factory, period correct, or owner preference?
Just popping in
Just popping in

jbakerps
See User information
thanks for the reply - but i wasn't thinking two-tone as much as the body being one color and the fenders being the chassis color (black). i agree, i've never seen one, but this came from reading a packard service letter that said... all chassis were to be painted black...and fenders were considered part of the chassis...for 1937.

thanks
jb

Posted on: 2010/6/15 7:17
 Top  Print   

Re: Just like the factory, period correct, or owner preference?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
RE; the question of the first post of this therad.

The ideal situation is to have 2wo OR MORE cars of identicle model make and year. One car is kept as a factory perfect original. The other car is less authentic for the purpose of meeting modern demands. Even a 3rd car used for research/parts etc. Such a collection is what i've strived for over the years but have never been able to succeed at.

The arguments of originality vs owner preference have raged on for decades and will continue to rage on. The only solution i can come up with is as outlined above. But even among the purist crowd there exists debates as to what was original and what wasn't. Even among those of us that are compelled to more pragmatic service from a car often debate modifications and procedures.

OR, to put it another way, just exactly how many original Madonna Lisa portraits still exist anyway???? The answer strictly depends on which collector u talk to.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 9:13
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved