Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Soccer
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
Sorry Gerd, but that's not a ball, this is. It's called Jabulani. A nice name, but the players don't like it.

Attach file:

jpg  (3.27 KB)
458_4c223ee915d49.jpg 120X120 px

Posted on: 2010/6/23 12:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Actually more American kids play soccer (football in the rest of the world - just like the metric system, we have to be contrarians) than any other sport, more than baseball or our "football"... hence the term "soccer Mom" in describing middle class Moms toting their kids around to sports games. Hard to understand why that huge popularity has not translated well to their elders.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 13:12
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
Gerd, you're right, no Dutchman is proud of that action from Frank Rijkaard. We will talk later, maybe the Dutch and the German team will meet.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Sorry, but the attention span of we Americans can't handle the soccer. I love playing it though!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2010/6/23 15:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:.....Mal, the Wallabies made a good job! No need to hide behind a smokescreen......
Gerd,

No smokescreen here although it was foggy this morning. Speaking of which I was up at 4:30am to watch Australia play Serbia which we won 2 - 1. Not good enough to progress to the last 16 mainly because in our first game against Germany there was only one team on the pitch and it wasn't Australia! By the way, our Football(Soccer) team goes under the name of the Socceroos. The Wallabies or, as some call them, the Wobblies are our Rugby Union side being good one day not so good the next.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 17:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
My kids play it, We never did when I was in school, it was almost unheard of back then (ancient times).

Posted on: 2010/6/23 22:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi Gerd,
Like you in Germany the streets in the U.K. become empty when there is a big match being played.
As usual our team gave us their normal fright at the start of the championship but hopefully they will have woken up now just to take on a much respected old adversary "Deutschland"
This should turn out to be a good game if both teams are on their top form.
Looking forward to the game
Viel Gl?ck
Terry

Posted on: 2010/6/24 1:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi Mal, Hard luck, your team gave it a good shot but the Germans blew it for you.
But there is some hope for others when the Aussies get beat at some sport, they win everything else. Well played the U.S they really are progressing and are starting to become a real threat at soccer.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 1:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Gerd, I think a certain amount of patience is needed for baseball--I enjoy going to an occasional game, although I don't care to watch it on TV, nor many other sports. Sometimes a lot of time gets killed while the pitcher tries to get men on base "out", that gets old.
I enjoy hockey. Detroit is a great Hockey town, we are part of "the original six" NHL teams and there is a long history of great Red Wing teams and Stanley Cup wins. It's a fast sport and like soccer, it isn't easy to score a goal so a typical game might end something like 2-3.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 7:07
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Harrison
See User information
Gusca,
Just a small correction it is ENGLAND you will be facing not U.K. You will probably have most of the Scottish, Welsh and Irish fans rooting for Germany due to their failure to qualify and sporting or maybe unsporting rivalry.
Dave.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 10:04
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved