Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 99

michael biegas, Ozstatman, William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Classic Car Insurance
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
I think everyone could benefit from this subject !!!

I am looking for a GOOD Insurance Company to cover my Packard.

Has anyone had any dealing with GRUNDY?

I contacted Nationwide and they wanted $117 for 6 months of libility and told me that I would have to have an appraisal done before they would gived me full coverage.

Don't mind getting an appraisal but just wanted to get the best bang for the buck.

So if someone knows of a good company plesae shared so we all can benefit.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 21:20
 Top  Print 

Re: Classic Car Insurance
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
We have Country Company for all our insurance. Not sure what the cost is for the Packard but I think it is less then $250 a year.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 22:01
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Dans53: Go pay your State Farm Insurance agent a visit. You will have to insure one of your main vehicles through them, to get insurance on your Packard.

I have had my Chevelle insured through State Farm for about six years, and have been very happy with them. When I got my Chevelle insured through State Farm the agent and I came to an agreed replacement price with out an appraisal. Maybe things have changed, but go pay your local State farm Agent a visit.

I will state that I am in no way shape or form an employee or an agent for State Farm.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/12/3 22:09
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I have the 400 insured through American Collectors with agreed upon value and they hike the value a little every year. I could call and up that if I choose to and we would both then have to agree upon the new value. I think they are reasonable as are most compamies. Just make sure your policy says in writing "agreed upon value".

Posted on: 2007/12/3 22:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Infinity Ins. Co.1-800-252-5233. 56 Exec full coverage is $100/year. Agreed value $4000, mileage limitation 3000 miles/year. Best to underestemate agreed value to get a good rate.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 23:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Grundy is extremely well know, and a collector of vintage vehicles as well, as one of the long-standing top-shelf insurers of collector cars, along with J. C. Taylor, Haggerty, and others. You can't go wrong with any of them. You should get an appraisal of your vehicle and insure it for replacement cost.

Posted on: 2007/12/3 23:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
PackardV8, I don't agree at all with undervaluing your vehicle to get a better rate than WHAT?? I have my 400 valued at six times your stated value for double the money. Why would anyone undervalue their car to save a very few dollars? At these rates I would try to get the highest value to which the company would agree.

Posted on: 2007/12/4 0:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, I agree with Randy not to undervalue the car however, you should be aware that some insurers offer more for the money than others. For example During the April 2007 National Packard Rally in Toowoomba (Queensland) no less than 5 Packards had to be trucked home, distances from 500 to 2,000 miles. Two of our major insurers have a policy which includes accomodation, hire car and return of your broken down car to your doorstep. The other three thought that they had that insurance but were advised that it was only after an accident, not a breakdown. This amounted to a few thousand dollars for the unfortunates who did not read the policy. I have changed my 7 policies for my Packards to one which provides the return AND YOU ALSO GET TO KEEP THE WRECK IF IT IS INVOLVED IN A TOTAL.
The cost to insure my 1935 Super Eight for $A40,000 was $A220.20. You guys may be getting ripped off as this includes recovery from 60 miles from home(including hire car and acccomodation). It also includes keeping the wreck if the car is totalled. This may have ramifications for you if you undervalue the car on a non-retention of wreck policy, if it gets totalled and they keep your wreck. Best Regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2007/12/4 3:05
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Great advice Peter and I am going to review my policy now. That's what the forum is all about - getting helpful advice from others with good experience.

Posted on: 2007/12/4 9:08
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Haggerty collector car insurance offers a road service plan, though I believe it's an option to their basic insurance and don't know what transport limits are available. I don't carry special collector car road service but have used AAA with complete satisfaction on two occasions over the years though both were local (up to 125 miles is free on my plan). I've insured my Packards with J.C. Taylor for more than 40 years, only had 1 claim (stolen radiator cap) which was settled almost instantly and the settlement included reimbursement for my phone calls, postage, etc.

Posted on: 2007/12/4 9:46
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved