Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 180

Marty or Marston, Joe, Paul E. Gallagher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Packard show Gettyburg
Just popping in
Just popping in

bags
See User information
I'm new here and and wanted to see if anyone can answer a simple question. I live about 3 hrs east of Gettyburg and wanted to attend the judging there this Thursday at the National Packard show put on by Packard Automotive Classics. I've been on their website and when I look over the show registration there is no provision that says clearly that you can attend one day as a spectator. The form seems to deal only with registering your car and attending for the week. I am a member of Packard Automobile Classics (the entity hosting the show). I've tried to contact both the vendor and show coordinators by phone and email with no sucess. Is anyone attending the show that knows if spectators are permitted? I have never been to a car club event that would not permit spectators, but I don't want to drive out there and be turned away.
BTW this is a nice forum with much good info. I finally decide to join. I have a '37 Touring Coupe (115) that my father left me that needs a going over and a few parts. It's been in the family for 43 years. I was drug around to all the good PA junk yards as a kid. I remember my Dad taking me to a couple of "old timers garages in the 60's that were filled (no room to walk) with old Packards. If only I had known! I was going to attend the show to do a little research and picture taking. Thanks for your input. Jeff

Posted on: 2010/7/19 11:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard show Gettyburg
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I don't know for sure but I attended a PAC National meet once and mixed and mingled as a spectator. The cars are usually in the motel/hotel parking lot or a park etc. where they are judged which is open to the public.

Posted on: 2010/7/19 11:41

Just popping in
Just popping in

ParkersPackards
See User information
I can tell you from attending several past national meets, that it is touch and go. The meets generally don't broadcast to the general public about the day of judging, but some of the meets i've attended, you can walk right in. Others (2005 meet, Boston) they had someone working the entrance to the show field so that only registered members that had paperwork proving that they were registered were allowed in. Unfortunately you won't know till you get there. Your best bet......find someone there, and hop a ride with them through the entrance!!

Posted on: 2010/7/19 11:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
bags wrote:......BTW this is a nice forum with much good info. I finally decide to join. I have a '37 Touring Coupe (115)......Jeff
G'day Jeff,
for the kind words and to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '37 Touring Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

And too, to ParkersPackards, seems to me with a Forum name like that you have more than one Packard and accordingly I also invite you to include your Packards in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with pic's, any known history and how you acquired them?

Posted on: 2010/7/19 16:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Jeff

This year's show day is at Lutheran Theological Seminary and is open to the public, so go and enjoy. There is even the town shuttle bus to the Seminary all day. The parking lot at the host hotel is just as much fun to visit as show day so take that in too.

I am still holding off myself because of the potential heat and humidity but for folks who are used to it, it'll be a great show of our favorite marque.

The only national meet show closed to anyone not registered was in Mass a few years ago because they held it at a private restored estate which charged massively for use of the venue and wouldn't allow anyone on the place that hadn't paid.

I'm a PAC member as well but can afford to only attend the show day so I never register. I just avail myself of the core of the meet which is the show. I may see you there!

Steve

Posted on: 2010/7/19 18:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Looks like the PAC meet at Gettysburg is drawing little interest here.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 14:49
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I for one am waiting anxiously for photos. I wish I could have been there.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 15:22
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
West, I am also anxiously awaiting someone to post photos. I thought long and hard about going down myself and wish I could have found the time and funds to do so.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 16:04

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
From Gettysburg: Well, it's HOT, but both cars and owners keeping temperatures under control. Several days of touring behind us, down to Frederick and the battlefields at Monoacacy and Antietam. Tours of Gettysburg battlefield and Eisenhower farm today. Tomorrow off to Hershey AACA Museum and Harrisburg Civil War Museum. Show day Thursday,about 150 Packards expected including The Request, and show day should yield the best photos. Some snapshots of the last few days are over on the PAC Forum if you're interested and, time permitting, I'll get some posted here as well though it may have to wait until after I get back home.

My Carib ran fine coming down, no problems, and Randy Berger is here as well with his 400. Hey - a 1940 Darrin 4-door sedan with divider just pulled in - I think it's one of only 3 or 4 built? Got to sign off and check it out.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 21:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Most of us enjoying the great national meet don't have very much time to sit in front of a computer until we get home. We are too busy meeting old friends, enjoying the great cars and tours. I will also post some pictures when I get back, but until then sitting at a computer isn't what a Packard national meet is all about.

Posted on: 2010/7/21 5:07
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved