Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
58 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 54

Don Shields, Don B, Joe, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Packard show Gettyburg
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Gettysburg presented many great backdrops for photos. Here's one of Mr. Ole Book's 1956 Caribbean at the site of Pickett's Charge.

Attach file:

jpg  (138.87 KB)
177_4c51877c89c90.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/7/29 8:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Dave, do all the great photos of the PAC Meet that you have posted (thanks) mean that you have gone to a digital camera? If so: what kind are you using; and would be interested in learning how you decided to go with the one you selected. I am using a small Canon PowerShot SD990 IS with 14.7 MP. It was recommended by a professional photographer. Handier than a pocket on you shirt.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/7/29 9:30
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JW, I did indeed recently buy a digital camera, though I still shoot quite a bit of film as well with my trusty and ancient Pentax Spotmatic and occasionally a Leica point & shoot. Up until about a year ago I almost never paid for film or processing, so the incentive to go digital was mostly for the ability to post photos immediately when someone requested a picture, rather than continuing to explain the "after I finish the roll" situation.

Though I'm a died-in-the-wool SLR person, I didn't want a digital SLR because of the weight and size, if you carry one for more than a short time it's like carrying a brick around your neck compared to the Pentax. But I wanted more flexibility than a P&S, and interchangeable lens capability. After reading some glowing reviews, I purchased one of the new micro 4/3rds format digitals that have many SLR features but no mirror (hence no eye cup for viewing). Specifically I chose the Olympus E-PL1. Thus far I'm very pleased, w/o the lens it's nearly shirt-pocket size, I primarily use it in aperature priority. The major draw back w/o an eye cup is that in bright sun it's difficult to judge depth of field, and nearly impossible to see the subtle changes when using a polarizing filter and in those situations I revert to the Pentax and film. The digital is a real learning curve, for example I've not yet tried the "shoot and stitch" feature for panoramics, and some other features.

Posted on: 2010/7/29 9:53
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mike Grimes was good enough to send me a thumb drive full of pictures from the Gettysburg and well as Salado. Those have been posted in the "Car Show" area of the photo archive. Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/7/30 19:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Does anyone know what the rates are going to be for the Eagle ridge resort-It looks top notch but a little pricey so I want to start putting money away for it so I can go next year-Mike.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 16:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, I don't, but PAC has along history of negotiating really good rates. I suspect group rates will be advertised in the CNB around January.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 17:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Mike(M.Wauhop@att.net),
to PackardInfo, presume you own a Packard. If so, I invite you to include your Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/8/31 17:54
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2010/9/1 2:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Does anyone know what the rates are going to be for the Eagle ridge resort-It looks top notch but a little pricey so I want to start putting money away for it so I can go next year-Mike.

Somewhere around $137. Remember that there will be 2 and three bedroom houses available for a little more than a room. Gives several people or families a good opportunity to save money by combining and cooking together.

I have been there; it is a very nice, very large facility on several square miles of rolling private property. You don't feel you have to worry about your car (or yourself). A number of golf courses, from basic to tournament.... Horses, tennis, swimming.....

Much much nicer than Branson or Des Moines (wasn't at Gettysburg).

Below is a typical street scene in Galena....

Attach file:

jpg  (85.23 KB)
2488_4c7e885584f3c.jpg 494X704 px

Posted on: 2010/9/1 12:02
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I registered yesterday and the rate was 109.00 Then you add taxes and a fee to use the resort facilities and the total is about 138.00.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 22:40
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved