Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Enjoyable Business Trip
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Had most enjoyable overnight business trip to Dallas.

Flew in to Dallas, dropped my stuff at the hotel and then had a wonderful dinner with David Flack and his wife. This morning before my business meeting, David picker me up in his '37 Convertible. There is nothing like the sight of BigKev sitting in the Rumble seat going down the road, well perhaps the sight of me trying to get in and out of it! Then it was off to a visit a local Stanley Steamer collector and look through his collection and workshop. Finally a visit to Case de Flack for a look through David's literature collection for the website.

Then I actually had to get some work done. Followed by a 3 hour plane ride home to Calif with a much heavier suitcase!

Thanks David and also lovely your wife for your hospitality!

Posted on: 2010/8/5 21:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Enjoyable Business Trip
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Nice to hear of your "business trip" to visit David Flack! LOL

I can relate. I picked up my 55 Pat in Portland, OR on a return from a business trip that was a reroute from Denver to Vegas. On that trip I did not meet with anyone as enjoyable as Flack, but I did drive my Pat 1,100 miles back to Vegas. I picked up an interesting hitchhiker and had a "Packard adventure" too.

Hopefully David Flack can attend the Nov 2011 Laughlin, NV meet so we call all swap stories.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/8/6 0:49
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I am only glad there were no cameras around!

Posted on: 2010/8/6 12:09
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
At first, I was going to ask Kevin to delete this posting as no public thanks were necessary. In fact, it was Kevin who insisted on picking up the tab for dinner. Then the more I thought about it, I figured if Kevin enjoyed a little Packard social time when traveling, it might encourage him to reach out to others when he is "in the neighborhood". I for one recognize the huge value this site has, both technically and socially. Maybe we need a forum topic, "Where's BigKev?"
And as for Kevin in the rumbleseat, first, he admitted he had never been in a rumbleseat, so that has been taken care of, and second, there's a heck of a lot more legroom for someone who is 6'4" back there!

Posted on: 2010/8/6 12:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You are correct Dave, there was an amazing amount of leg room back there, and I now have a great story to go with it!

Good company while traveling makes for a good trip.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 12:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
okay, next time you are in this area i'll take you for a ride in my clipper......granted it will be me pushing it down the driveway and that will be the end of the ride, but you will love it....LOL!! j/k

and flack.....i'm gonna have me a 37 coupe one of these days. so don't forget about me if you come across anything i can get my hand dirty on. i might have the money at that time. you never know. ;0)

i am glad you guys had fun, driving JWs 37 convertible was a treat for me and my wife got to experience the rumble seat also. ah.....good times by all.

happy Packarding!

Hank

Posted on: 2010/8/6 15:34
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
oh and what might be fun is to keep track of all the year/models Kev has been in. he might get to ride in just about all the years/models. you never know...he does travel alot. that would kinda a cool tracker thing to add to Flacks idea!

Hank

Posted on: 2010/8/6 15:35
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
[quote]
cli55er wrote:
oh and what might be fun is to keep track of all the year/models Kev has been in. he might get to ride in just about all the years/models. you never know...he does travel alot. that would kinda a cool tracker thing to add to Flacks idea!

Sorta like how pilots love to brag about all the types they have flown? Sounds good to me. Kev, if you are ever in the Austin area, come by and you can have your choice for a ride/drive - or maybe all of them.

(o{I}o)

Update: The invitation is open to all.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 16:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved