Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
172 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 172

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

The Packard 400
Just popping in
Just popping in

MrCleveland
See User information
Hi

My Grandfather once had a Packard 400 and I LOVED that car. I had many good memories with that car, so much that I myself would buy one. (Too bad my grandfather sold that 400)

How much is a 400?

MrC

Posted on: 2010/9/14 14:30
 Top  Print   

Re: The Packard 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
What year did your father have? The top-of-the-line sedan model from 1951-'54 was known as "Patrician 400" and in 1955 and '56 the two-door hard top was known as "the Four Hundred", a name taken from the east coast society register of the 400 wealthiest families.

Posted on: 2010/9/14 15:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day MrCleveland,

Great memories there with your Grandfather and his 400.

Your query of "How much is a 400" isn't easy to answer and I certainly can't from my vantage point down-under. But what I will say is that it's dependent on many factors, among which are rarity, features, condition(mechanical and body), your own mechanical skills, etc, etc. So you could be looking at anything from a basket case to a full professionally restored vehicle. If you specify in more detail what your requirements or expectations are in seeking a "400", there will undoubtably be advise, or opinions offered, on this aspect.

And if you purchase a 400, either 51-54 Patrician or 55-56 Hardtop, I invite you to include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/9/14 16:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Welcome, Mr. Cleveland!
Some might say that a car is worth what a person is willing to pay to a person who is willing to sell. That said, a place I go to on the web to get a "ballpark" figure is www.nada.com which stands for the National Automobile Dealers Association. There may be other places on the web as well. Of course,you will have to decide on a year (1951-1956) and, depending on the year, whether you want a two door, a four door, a hardtop, etc., all of which may affect the worth. In some years the 400 was also known as the Patrician. Best of luck in your search for a car!
Ken

Posted on: 2010/9/14 17:48
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Quote:
How much is a 400? MrC

$18,287.

Posted on: 2010/9/14 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Old Cars Price Guide says you can buy a nice, drivable 400 for $9,000 to $15,000 depending on year and how nice. A real nice one costs $13,000 - $20,000.

Posted on: 2010/9/14 19:51
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved