Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 235

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring Harness for my 1936 Packard 120
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John H New York
See User information
I am considiring replacing my entire wiring for my car. I would like to update everything as much as possible with new original-like parts. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to look for new replacement wiring for my car and how much it might cost??

Thanks,
John H.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 17:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring Harness for my 1936 Packard 120
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are several vendors you might look at. Here are a couple and believe they have prices on their sites.

http://www.riwire.com/
http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/

One or two regions also have deals with some suppliers so you might check out a PAC News bulletin if available or possibly the Packard Club sitehttp://www.packardclub.org/ for more options.

Believe flackmaster who posts here regularly also specializes in that era so might have even more suggestions.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 17:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Harnesses of OEM style can also be bought from Mid-Atlantic Packards, a region of The Packard Club. These are manufactured by Harnesses Unlimited. Phone 240-361-7705. From what I hear these and those from Rhode Island Wiring are very high quality.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
http://www.riwire.com/

www.narragansettreproductions.com/

I have to support folks from my home state.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 20:56
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I had really good service from YNZ. Others mentioned here come highly recommended also.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 21:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I have used RI wiring service, liked the product very much, and have heard good things about the others. One word of advice: Send the old harness to them for duplication, don't just select one by make, model,year from the manufacturer's catalogue. The auto manufacturers made certain changes throughout a model year run, and sometimes change the harness, adding or subtracting wires. The above companies use the old harness as their pattern, and the "blueprint" they have on file might not be exactly like yours, or it could be exactuly like yours, but I now send the old one for verification purposes.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 23:10
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John H New York
See User information
Thanks Folks for all of the good info. This has been extremely helpful.

Thanks again,

Posted on: 2010/9/16 4:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I was lucky by having Narragansett Repro. right down the road from me. I have some extra circuits in my car and I got a basic harness from them uncovered. I then added the extra wires I needed then brought it back to them for the final covering. I even added some extra wires going to the front and rear for anything I might add at a later time (elec fuel pump, driving lights etc.)

Posted on: 2010/9/16 5:50
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved