Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

r1lark, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 240 241 242 (243) 244 245 246 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
My conversion board has that as an available feature. You turn it on and you can here it "warm-up" like a tube radio. It was designed to fool judges at car shows, so know one would know it was converted. I didn't care about that, so mine just turns right on.

I picked up the radio today. Ralph went through all the features with me and had me pair my phone to it. I knew it would have bluetooth for playing music, but having it for hands free calling like a my modern driver is a very nice feature. Like a modern radio, it will mute the sound when a incoming call comes in and I can hit the wonderbar to accept the call. It comes with a microphone mounted in the radio and a extension that allows you to mount it up in the headliner if desired.

The dual voice coil 6x9 that replaced the mono petrified 6x9 sounds very good. He was also able to incorporate the external rear speaker switch to function as such.

All it all I'm extremely happy with it. It all looks completely stock. Just more audio options and better sound.

Posted on: 2020/3/14 19:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Radio installed back in the car:

Also, does any one have the lower radio bracket? I just realized I never had one and figure I should locate one and install it to keep then radio from moving around and it probably give me a better ground as well. If you have a spare one, please let me know how much you want for it.

Posted on: 2020/3/15 12:37
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Great video and radio! He did a good job. Did he restore the dial and bezel too?

As for the bracket, I saw a couple radios in my shop yesterday so I'll check if and when I go back out later in the several inches of snow overnight if one has a bracket. If so, it's yours.

Posted on: 2020/3/15 13:18
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, he fully disassembled and clean the dial. Also he repainted the pointer.

I actually just found the lower bracket in a bin of spare dash parts I had. Does anyone know that the screws or bolts look like that secures it? Trying to see if I make have the fasteners as well.

Posted on: 2020/3/15 13:23
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I found a rounded head screw that matches other screws used on the dash and that fit the bracket perfectly. I then found a small hex bolt, with a washer that worked on the radio side. I have a nine of misc bolts and screws that came off of the car or spare parts. I knew they would all come on handy some day!

Posted on: 2020/3/15 13:56
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Kev, can you please post a photo of the bracket and screws? This is the kind of thing I come across in boxes of hardware what looks familiar (but which I can't quite place) so knowing what it is the next time will help me put it back with the radio!

Posted on: 2020/3/15 14:00
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

scauzone
See User information
Thank you for documenting and sharing all of this information. As a new owner of a 54' you've shared a lot of helpful info.

Posted on: 2020/7/23 16:13
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You are welcome!

Posted on: 2020/7/23 16:36
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

51Pack200
See User information
I would like to 2nd that thank you. While I don't have a '54, mine is a '51, your blog has given me the inspiration and tips to make my restoration easier.

alan

Posted on: 2020/7/23 21:34
 Top  Print 

Re: BigKev
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
After being in sub zero temps with snow for the last 7 weeks, we have 3 days of weather above 50f with a bit of rain last night. So lots of melt off and the salt flushed off the streets. So I snuck the Clipper out to warm her up and recharge the battery. She started in 4 seconds from 3+ months of cold storage.

Attach file:

jpg  pic2.jpg (301.67 KB)
1_603ade030fcf9.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  pic3.jpg (451.08 KB)
1_603ade28e84c0.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  pic1.jpg (341.16 KB)
1_603ade37bcbfa.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  pic4.jpg (458.83 KB)
1_603ade442edb8.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/2/27 18:46
-BigKev

Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 ... 240 241 242 (243) 244 245 246 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved