Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 243 244 245 (246) 247 248 249 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I never liked the billet type either for the same reasons but this one looks great! I’ll have to try to get a couple. I already have several of the non-vented caps with the threaded hole so would just need the line which I would probably do in stainless.

Posted on: 2021/10/17 19:51
 Top  Print 

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Wondering where to get the non vented caps looking for source of this style cap

Posted on: 2021/10/17 21:58
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
There was this thread here:

Mico Caps with threaded hole

And a non-vented cap with a bladder which was referenced here, though I agree BigKev's remote reservoir is less intrusive than the one I came up with:

Remote Reservoir discussion, bladder-style caps

Posted on: 2021/10/17 23:33
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just a couple of notes on the reservoir install:

I used one of the screw/bolt four holes that are already in the firewall under the Briggs plate. I think this may have been where the pump top/power window pump would have mounted.

Since my car is now 12v, I originally had my ballast resistor there, I moved that down and under where my "mock" voltage regulator is.

Only other change was one small screw hole in the firewall to hold the tubing clamp going down the firewall.

There is a piece of of 6" hose that the connects the short hardline from the cap and the longer hardline from the reservoir. This is to add some flexibility to the system, and make it easier to service the master if needed in the future.

If I was to make any change, I would have installed an elbow on the bottom of the reservoir, so I could have come out at a right angle and that would have providen easier clearance around the throttle linkage. I may still make that change later.

I filled the reservoir last night leaving about an inch of space at the top. No leaks visible, and this left enough time for any air to hopefully bled up and out. The reservoir cap has a rubber bladder in it cap with a vent hole in bolt the bladder and cap. The vent hole in the bladder only opens when bladder stretches one way or another. So thar helps to seal out atomopheric moisture when at rest.

The guy who makes these, makes them in different sizes (lengths). This size to me seemed the most appropriate.

This is his website, he makes them in different sizes and configurations,:

https://highway101ind.com/shop/ols/products

FYI, I bought this pre COVID, so if verify availability. I believe I just bought the reservoir with bracket. Single cylinder version. His come with only hose barb connection fitting. I removed that and replaced with fitting for the hardline tubing from the original kit.

Posted on: 2021/10/18 7:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This is exactly what I order in March 2020. This was from my email invoice, so not sure if prices have changed:

Attach file:

jpg  Screenshot_20211018-073505_Gmail.jpg (31.60 KB)
1_616d6a32a7ef7.jpg 1080X533 px

Posted on: 2021/10/18 7:36
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
These are pretty cool. I would have gone that route if I had found it earlier.

On his website it looks like that reservoir is now ~$82

EZ-Fill Reservoir kit

This kit for early 50's Lincoln's has the 1.25" threaded cap that would work I think for BTV's as well as manual brakes, ~$112.

Lincoln Remote Reservoir Kit

Posted on: 2021/10/18 9:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Kev,

Man you work fast ! Did yo jump on this right after I left on Friday?

Posted on: 2021/10/18 12:25
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Desi, I did all that yesterday. Much easier to take everything apart once you've done it before and all the fasteners are clean and rust free.

The longest part of it was unhooking all the wiring. Both the wiring from the fenders/core support and also had to pull all the power antenna wiring back out through the firewall... So that was the antenna cable and also the feed to the dash switch.

I also order some new firewall gromments to replace all smaller ones. I had replaced the main harness grommet, but neglected to replace the smaller ones were the washer cable/tube, speedo cable and antenna wiring passes through. The originals are petrified. Also ordered a bootstyle grommet for the parking brake rod. As that was a pretty large open hole. Trying to seal up and remaining annoying air leaks that I have noticed since having the car back together.

Posted on: 2021/10/18 12:37
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
That car is impressive from what it started as....

Posted on: 2021/10/18 12:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
That car is impressive from what it started as....

Posted on: 2021/10/18 12:55
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 ... 243 244 245 (246) 247 248 249 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved