Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

EXTERIOR COLOURS/ RESTORER OR COLLECTOR
Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, This thread is based on a forum item thread on the aaca site, on exterior colours for Packard. I have been unable to post a few pictures of a 733 Showroom Brochure on that site as they require an HTML. I would like to post the folowing pics to explain that as a 25 year old in 1974, I decided to paint my 533 in colours which unbeknown to me, were actually "artists conceptions", possibly not actual colours available. Best regards Peter Toet

Attach file:

jpg  (45.02 KB)
154_476a1ac5262a1.jpg 640X456 px

jpg  (38.12 KB)
154_476a1b8f85964.jpg 640X458 px

jpg  (63.32 KB)
154_476b0f512dd7b.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2007/12/20 2:33
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Re: EXTERIOR COLOURS/ RESTORER OR COLLECTOR
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I actually find those colors rather attractive on that body style, though it's well known that Packard used colors in advertising materials that were never offered when the cars actually went into production. Artistic license I suppose. I also find that I'm often dissaspointed by the colors that some restorers choose for their cars, it's like they believe they have a better sense of color and style than the professionals that Packard used to select colors and color combinations. It's rarely possible to find better combinations than those originally offered.

Posted on: 2007/12/20 9:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Peter and Owen,

That is what I was looking for over on the other forum. Color choices.

I hope I didn't offend anyone of you with that thread over there I did not mean it to go that way.

Posted on: 2007/12/20 17:07
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, Please be advised that I am in no way offended by anything that anyone has posted on the subject of colours etc. I accept the fact that some people hate bright colours whilst others don't mind it. I personally think that it looks balanced on the car in the brochure, and I tried to make it so on my 533. I didn't paint the bonnet in the copper colour as I felt the silver needed to carry through from the body reveals. Here is a pic which I took in 2001 of a 1930 Cadillac V16, using very much the same copper colour. There are certainly a lot of differing opinions out there about colour schemes, and I certainly would think more than twice about painting it the same colour 30 years after the event. best regards Peter Toet

Attach file:

jpg  (79.82 KB)
154_476b119496e9f.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/12/20 19:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
What is amazing is you see some them colors on modern iron today. But I have to say it sure looks much better on the older Iron.

Posted on: 2007/12/21 14:51
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
I particularly like the two tone Pastel colours used in the Fifties Packards. Scrolling down the Owners Registry, there are some very attractive combinations. Peter Toet

Posted on: 2007/12/21 15:35
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved