Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 127

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Website Cookies
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I woke up this morning to check on the website and I was getting nothing but a blank page, nothing what so ever.

So right away I was think Oh-now. Site's been hacked. So I went in through a back door an managed to do a error dump and found out that some related to to auto-login code was causing the issue.

Long story short, it came down to a corupt cookie on my PC that was keeping the website from loading for me. I am pretty sure it was working for others. But if anyone else experienced this problem earlier today, please let me know. I am hoping it was isolated to my browser. I did manage to get the website to load again for me, but then it was in this endless login/incorrect password loop. Once I cleared my cookie cache on my browser then it worked just fine. I guess the cookie on my PC was corrupt and this was causing havoc with the auto-login code.

So if any one experiences anything similar in the future, please try clearing your browser cookies. Just thoought I would pass that along.

On another note I am running a full website backup to my PC here just incase. When nothing was running this morning I was about 60 seconds away from running a restore on the entire website. I am glad I didnt have to do that.

Just so I can make sure the issue was related to my PC only, please if you had any issues between 9am-10am (PST) this morning, let me know.

Thanks

Posted on: 2007/12/22 12:57
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Website Cookies
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
This morning it said I had an invalid login and then kept reloading the same page. I backed out completely and came back in and everything worked fine.

Posted on: 2007/12/22 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Last night I had a problem in the chat room that was similar, it was about 4am here, CST. I closed out the window and opened up a new browser and there was no problem. It's highly possible that all my problems have been cookie related. So, I'm gonna clean out the cookies and see how it works from here.

Posted on: 2007/12/22 17:29
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
I had the same problem about 3 days ago. I had to request new passwords and user info 3 times before it cleared. Running like a Packard now.
I thought you didn't love me anymore

Posted on: 2007/12/23 8:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
As a two-fingered typist (and a lousy one at that), I'm not much for live chats, but I just checked out the chatroom here for the first time today and have to say it is the easiest one I ever had to use.

The only probem I had was when I left - just closed the browser window. I checked back at the P'Info homepage and saw my ID still listed as being in the Chat Room. So, I went back in and received a warning about a slow running script, but ignored it. There was no other obvious way to exit, so I typed "/quit" and it closed the chat window, but it seemed like my browser hung up when I tried to refresh the P'Info homepage. I bailed out, ran CCleaner and got back in fine.

What is the proper way to exit this chat room?

Posted on: 2007/12/24 14:54
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The /quit is the preferred method of exiting the chatroom. Also it is advised that you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player installed. If you experience any wierdness after that clear your cookie cache and you should be good to go.

Posted on: 2007/12/24 17:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved