Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

2008 Packards International National Membership Meet
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well the time has come again for the 2008 Packards International National Membership Meet. While I am a member of PI for their wonderful publications, at this point, this is really the only thing I attend.

The Meet is Feb 1st - 3rd,, 2008 at the Doubletree Hotel in Orange, CA. For more information you can go find it here at:

http://www.packardsinternational.com/pdf/Membership_Meet_2008.pdf

While I wont probably be attending the actual tour or dinners. I will be there on Sunday morning (the 3rd) bright and early for the all Packard Swapmeet. Which is about the biggest one this side of the Mississippi. The swapmeet is free to all, so everyone is welcome. This is where I try to locate any missing parts for my Clipper, and also try to buy and extra parts I may need in the future. Also I will be taking some pictures of wonderful Packards that are always in attendance.

So if you are in the area, stop on by and say hello to me or wish me a Happy Birthday! (It just happens that it keeps falling on my birthday the last couple of years)

I will bump this with a reminder as the event draws closer.

Posted on: 2007/12/24 21:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: 2008 Packards International National Membership Meet
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
*bump*

Posted on: 2008/1/23 16:40
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Wish I could be there Kev. But not this year, will make it though one of these years coming. Enjoy it together with any fellow Forum members who can make it.

Posted on: 2008/1/23 20:59
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
*BUMP*

Just a FYI that this is coming up this weekend in Orange, CA. (15 mins from Disneyland for those that need a landmark).

Why I probably wont be able to attend the actual membership meet and Concourse, I will be there on the Sunday for the swapmeet. So if you are in the area please stop by and say hello. I am usually there between 8am and 10am. Early bird gets the worm you know!

Most recent pic of me for those that may be looking to find me (this was taken after a long night of enjoying that famous Tennessee Amber liquid):

Attach file:

jpg  (4.03 KB)
1_47a2470d3097d.jpg 174X240 px

Posted on: 2008/1/31 17:09
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev, I'll be there in spirit but wish I could be there in person. Enjoy the day and likewise to any forum members who make it along.

Posted on: 2008/1/31 17:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Duuuuude - party on!

Posted on: 2008/2/1 10:10
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
lol..exactly....I was one of those nights...lol

Posted on: 2008/2/1 17:16
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well back from the rain soaked Swap Meet. One of those rare days in Southern California when something gets rained out.

The swapmeet is usually 4 big rows that take up the back parking of the hotel. I arrived this morning to find that parking lot empty.

So I drove up to the actually hotel. and they had moved some of the vendors up under the over hang of the hotel, and some of the other vendors in the hallways just inside the hotel. So the swapmeet when on, but probably at 25% it's normal size.

Seatle Packards was there, as well as Tucson Packard, and even Max Meritt had a small table. Also several of the smaller local vendors. Dan Yocum was there and he brought me two Clipper rims. So I finally have all 5 rims for my car now YAY! He also showed me that he is reproducing the 1954 Senior headlight rims in chrome plated bronze. Very nice, and 1/2 the cost of replated original. He is also going to make the '54 Clipper/53' Senior ones also. So stay tuned for that. Nice to see more people making new reproduction parts for the Packards!

Also the various PI Chapter clubs were there with there club project which are very top notch.

I finally broke down and bought 2 clipper tail-light lenses for my car. I got my tax return back so I figured the time was right, and every year the price has gone up on those. They are now $175 per lens. I got them both for $325. They are reproduction lenses using modern plastics. So much better than any original one. No crazing in these.

Also Dan Yocum has some more parts up in his Packard graveyard, so I am going to wander up there and see what else I can pickup on a day it's not pouring rain. If anyone needs 51-56 parts, he is a local resource that more of you guys should talk to. Very fair on his pricing, and very knowledgeable.

The rain did scare off most of the Packards that are usually in attendance, but I did get pictures of the few cars that were there. I will be posting those a little later in the day.

I am off to dry out a little bit.....

Posted on: 2008/2/3 16:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I almost forgot, I asked some vendors about things you folks were looking for and here are the results:

Brian - No go. The vendor did not have any of those.

209packergirl - Sandy Chico at Tucson Packard said that he is pretty sure he has windows handles with red knobs. But he didnt have them with him. So just get in touch with him.

J.D. - I asked the radio guy about a radio for a '41. He didnt have any. But he said he did have a few period correct aftermarket units.

Hopefully I didnt forget anyone.

Posted on: 2008/2/4 10:35
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
BigKev -

Having seen too many vendors pack up and go home when it rains at events out this way, I'm glad to hear you found as much as you did.

Don't worry about the stuff I asked you too keep an eye out for. It's not that pressing, and I'll work around it as I follow-up on a couple of other leads.

Posted on: 2008/2/4 16:25
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved