Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 97

bertus cardinaal, westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Re: jrbuzz's 1949 Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul E. Gallagher
See User information
J.R.: I have the same interior as you. Which supplier did you get the material from?

Also, I had the springs in the front bottom cushion replaced last year. At made a world of difference in comfort level. There are two rows across with 13springs in each row. The original springs were each wrapped in burlap, but they were not tied together, very loose.
The lady that replaced them custom ordered the springs from a supplier . She charged me $350 but I only had to leave her the button cushion over last winter. It made a big improvement in the ride.

Posted on: 2013/1/19 16:27
'49 Deluxe Eight - 23rd Series
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
I know you can get some from SMS Auto Fabrics for sure. I don't remember what the product number is, but it shouldnt be too difficult to find. Thanks for that tip, too. I'll check that out.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 21:46
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
The car has finally been repainted! The new paint looks absolutely stunning. So, at this point, the engine and transmission are to be reinstalled (they have also been repainted in the original gray) and the exterior of the car will be reassembled. Rubber and wiring will be next, and then the interior will be restored.

Attach file:

jpg  (192.14 KB)
2880_57b89289d5579.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/8/20 12:12
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Looking Good!

Posted on: 2016/8/20 17:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Nice Packard. It is the same as mine except for the color. I did the paint, wiring, upholstery, and lots of other things to get my Deluxe 8 going and looking nice. I suggest you put in the wiring before you put the engine in the car so you can stand in the engine compartment. Wiring seems to be harder than anything else. Also I would suggest pulling the dash out to do the wiring.

Posted on: 2016/8/20 22:25
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Fred, where did you get your wiring harness from? Do any places sell the harness in cloth wiring? Unfortunately, we had to put the engine back in because someone needed the engine lift we had. Also, how do you take out the dashboard? I would assume that makes wiring the gauges and radio much easier.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 9:47
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
I actually just saw your post on another one of my threads, Fred! Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. The whole interior is out right now, so hopefully, it's a little easier to get under the dash and not have to remove it. Also, for anyone who can answer this, where can I get the brown paint for the steering column? It's pretty rough and needs to be repainted.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 9:53
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Do any places sell the harness in cloth wiring?

Yes, certainly. The major reproduction harness suppliers provide an authentic OEM external appearance with proper woven cloth and tracer colors.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 9:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
So Harnesses Unlimited and Rhode Island would sell cloth wiring harnesses? That's great news, because that's what I really wanted to do.

Posted on: 2016/9/17 9:35
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if you still need brown paint but apparently the shade on the column varied quite a bit over the years. One poster had some custom made for his 40 and sent me a can for my 47 Custom. That turned out to be much darker than mine.

I was able to find a very close match for the 47 at the hardware store. I used rattle can Rustoleum Leather Brown Gloss Enamel but that may not be right for yours. If not, perhaps one of your column support brackets has a hidden section with decent paint still present so as to have yours custom matched.

On the hood release levers and vent handle under the dash I used another rattle can. Rustoleum London Gray Satin enamel. It is not quite perfect but is pleasing and very close to the original finish.

If you still need info on dash removal let us know.

Posted on: 2016/9/17 10:00
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved