Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Really cheap 56 patrician in Philly
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Can't get the pix to copy and go here. For $500 one would think the parts would make it worthwhile......

Anyhow, hate to see it go to the crusher...

1956 Packard Patrician - $500 (Bensalem, Pa )
Date: 2010-10-27, 11:59AM EDT
Reply to: sale-zu5fj-2028374605@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1956 Packard Patrician
4 door, AC, power steering, windows, seats, heated seats
Needs full restoration, car is ALL there, has not run in 33 years
Must be towed and be gone by sat 10/30be scrapped
First $500.00 Super Firm
215-669-9393

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 2028374605-0 image 2028374605-1
image 2028374605-2 image 2028374605-3

Posted on: 2010/10/29 18:14
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Re: Really cheap 56 patrician in Philly
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I saw it on Site Mash; 55-56 Packard;
If it wasn't on the total opposite side of the country I'd do if for nothing else but the parts

Posted on: 2010/10/29 19:20
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Here's the Craigslist link, with pictures:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2028374605.html

Hope someone will get it that can use the parts.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/10/29 19:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
I'd buy it just to get the rare "heated seats" option.

jack vines

Posted on: 2010/10/30 10:11
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There does to be a lot of nice parts on it. Surely someone in PA needs another car to clutter up their yard. Randy and Brian and a few others close by only have a few each and they do say it gets cheaper by the dozen.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 10:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Yes, these cars have some sort of "magnetic" property that compells an owner to purchase others of same year/Series in short order. However, paying rent to store my cars indoors limits my collection (at least until I can affort the time and money to build a sizeable garage).

Judging from the pix, this looks like a restorable project car, but I wouldn't talk price until after a personal inspection. Sorry, but the Philly area is clear on the other end of our long state - too far for me to go look. Based from the scrap date in the listing, it may be too late for that now.

Hope this car found a better home.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 12:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Is there anyone in the general area who could store this for me until I could pick it up.

AlK

Posted on: 2010/10/31 10:25
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

kingrichard
See User information
Hi im new to the forum ... i bought that packard.. so now the real work begins...here is the back story on it.. it was sitting in a garage for the last 33 years a little old lady about 80 yrs old forgot it was even there.. she called to have the garage door replaced and when they came to replace the door they told her the car was in the way, she told them to get rid of it or whatever,(good thing they didnt junk it) so it has not run since '71 i guess cause that was the last time it was registered.. its got a ton of rust but the car is complete... execpt its missing the radiator, The engine seems to be locked for now, im going to try and free it up and see what happens, so i am on the lookout for a right front fender for now. Can anyone give me more information on this car? i have found some specs on it, but any and all info would be appreciated i am just trying to save this car from the scrap heap..thanks for reading- Richard

I will post up some good pics as soon as i get a chance

Posted on: 2010/11/4 6:51
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations and glad the car found a home. Hopefully the rust is not so bad that it can't be saved. Lots of knowledgeable people on board here and I'm sure most of your questions can be answered.

The first place I'd start looking for information is herehttp://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=128 There is also a link on that page to almost all of the pertinent manuals or information you can download.

The important numbers are on the drivers door jamb as well as the paint and upholstery codes as was built. If original, engine number should be same as body number and is located on a flat area on front top of block to the right of oil filler pipe--between pipe and "vee" of block just in front of valley cover. If the car has AC, then depending on how the compressor was mounted and location of other items it may be under one and hard to find.

When you do have time to post pictures, I would be very interested to see what they did for AC. The description mentions car having it, but no sign of the factory in dash unit that I can see so assuming it was trunk mounted.

There should be someone along soon having parts cars for some of your needs but if not, then we can point you to some likely places in your parts wanted thread.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 9:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Hi Richard and Congrats on saving that car!
You mention it has a lot of rust. There is a seller on e-bay under 1955-1956 Packard in the Parts section and he has been mentioned here. He makes the passenger compartment and trunk floor replacement pieces for '51-'56 Packards. What's even better is that the parts are pretty reasonable. I will be using him as the drivers floor pan on my '51 will need replacement soon. I think it's about $50 bucks.
Good luck with your project! I'm pretty new to the site myself and there is an amazing amount on info and people ready to help. Also, I'm picking up a '55 Patrician tomorrow so I'll be following your progress avidly.

Jim L. in OR

Posted on: 2010/11/4 11:35
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved