Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Results from my latest adventure!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
When I first started looking for a Packard again, (before my Patrician) I was looking for a '55-'56 HT, but never found one that was close and cheap enough for me. When I went out and picked up my Patrician, my buddy and I looked at all the cars I posted here, but the '52 HT didn't register at the time, or I would have tried to buy it instead of the Patrician. I don't know why I missed it, I guess I was just so infatuated with the Patrician I didn't see what was really there. I DID notice the Henney ambulance, and thought it was pretty neat, but at the time he wanted $1000 for it and I only brought enough cash to pay for the Patrician and the trip there and back. I honestly didn't even notice the Mayfair at all.

In retrospect, it's probably for the better that things happened the way that they have, because it would be 1000 times easier to put the Mayfair body on my spare Patrician chassis, as compared to the '48-'50 Coupe, since the chassis of the '51-'56 cars are essentially the same, in body mounts, anyhow. (And I like the simple windshield of the '52 over the wraparound of the V8 cars)

The bad thing about the Mayfair is that it's pretty rusty, and will need quite a bit of bodywork to bring it back into shape. HOWEVER, after seeing some of the pictures online of the '52 Pan American, I can see a 4" section on it while retaining the HT would make a neat car, and I'd still have the whole twin turbo straight eight idea along with it.

So, the quest for the 9 main engine continues, but I think I've found the car to put it in. Lower and sleeker, the '52 might be the best way to go anyhow, and still retain some of the original looks of the car.

On that note, if I do end up with it, I'm thinking of leaving the '48 hood ornaments in-situ on the car, just to make everyone go "what the hell are those???"!!

Posted on: 2008/1/1 4:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day Eric, What's that white stuff on the cars and on the ground? I remember in Physics that there were supposed to be three phases of water. Is that the second phase? We don't get much of that at all Down Under. Good luck with the project and I love the Packord truck. Best Regards for 2008. Peter Toet

Posted on: 2008/1/1 5:18
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
That white stuff would be the much hated (by me) snow. Of all the things in the world, I hate snow the most. There's a million things I could be doing, but can't, because of this crap on the ground.

Incidentally, this is what the Patrician looked like a year ago when I still lived in Salina, Ks. This happened the day I got married. (Did I mention I hate snow????)

Attach file:

jpg  (38.16 KB)
34_477a67f32944c.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/1/1 11:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved