Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Burkitt Lymphoma
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Was not sure what to put in subject line but just wanted to inform all of you.

We received some bad news last Friday. We had a nephew that was away in school and he noticed a lump starting to form under his right armpit back in October. They did a biopsy in November on it and it came back positive for Burkitt Lymphoma. He just turn 17 on the 27th. We are not sure what stage he is at but once they do find out they will be starting his treatments this week.

If you or anyone else notices any lumps forming have them checked out sooner then later.

Take Care

Posted on: 2008/1/1 17:41
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Burkitt Lymphoma
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Tom -

I've enjoyed your posts since I first checked in at the PAC site, then moved up to the CC Live Chat and over to the AACA Fourms, and now here, at the ultimate Packard site, but that's some tough news.

Hopefully your nephew's youth will work in his favor. Try to keep a positive atttitude. The will to live is a strong force, but fear and stress can undermine things.

I'm sure the thoughts and prayers of everyone here will be with you.

Posted on: 2008/1/1 20:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Brian,

Thank you and yes we are all thinking positive and have high hopes and spirits for him to fight this disease.

I told him when he gets out of the hospital and he is feeling better that he can help me sand etc. the high parts on the car. (See he is 6'1" where I am a measly 5'7"). :)

Take Care

Posted on: 2008/1/1 20:24
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Update,

He is at stage two. He starts three months of high dosage of chemotherapy and other meds tomorrow.

Looks like we have a long road ahead of us but he is a strong boy.

Posted on: 2008/1/2 22:38
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hang in there Tom, at least he has a young liver and kidneys to process the Chemo chemicals. I am in the Pest Control industry and people ask if I am worried about all of the chemicals (pesticides, rodenticides, etc) that I use every day. They are surprised when I advise them that my chemical exposure is less risky than the average homeowner being exposed to the chemical cocktails under the kitchen tub( sinks), in the form of oven cleaners,stain removers, bleaches, etc. I also explain to anti-chemical people who like to drive new cars, just how carcenogenic the vinyl release agents in cars are and how the first three years are particularly bad. That film on the inside of the windows is breathed in during your airconditioned drive and is not good for you. The same may be said about exhaust gases from unleaded petrol cars, until the Catalitic converter gets up to temperature. Our Packards may be old but they are not poisoning us like new cars. Good luck with the Nephew. Peter Toet

Posted on: 2008/1/3 7:08
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Hi Gents,

We had a little scare last night my nephew had to have a blood transfusion. His hemoglobin's counts were down.

I usually would donate blood but since I was in Korea last year I have to wait about year before I can donate again.

I want to thank all others that do donate on here and to let you all know your donations do help.

Thanks and Take Care of yourself and loved ones you never know what the future holds....

Posted on: 2008/3/5 6:59
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved