Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
43 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 41

pmhowe, Out Islander, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

ownership of a packardbaker
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Donald Keller
See User information
hi anyone here own a packardbaker? i have 4-57 sedans 2 for sale. if you have one chime in and lets see how many cars we can account for 57-58 packards. thanks Don

Posted on: 2010/12/5 14:21
 Top  Print   

Re: ownership of a packardbaker
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
I have a 57 Super Clipper that I'm working on. It has a functional supercharger! My buddy that helped me pick it up almost lost his fingers when I fired it up. He put his hand in front of the intake and almost got it sucked in! The best part of the story: the car costed me $100. Priceless!

Posted on: 2010/12/5 14:52
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Red 300
See User information
I own a 57 Packard clipper four door sedan and I am new here. I have registered and signed in but everytime I write you my letter disappers and I am told I have no right to submit anything please advise, Thanks! Tom

Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:23
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Red 300
See User information
Hello Scotty,
I just posted for the first time and finally it went through to the gentleman with the 57 packard asking if there were others out there. I am writing you as I am curious if you are the gentleman who had some photos on the internet some time ago loading your 1957 Packard on the back of a flatbed ot truck.

Mine is a black 57 Clipper four door sedan whicH I am planning on putting back on the road after several years in storage while i was working on a couple of other cars namely my 1962 Chrysler Sports 300 and my 1967 AMC Ambassador DPL two door hardtop.

My Clipper is quite regulation I think. I had an excellent supercharger but when I had the body man put NOS front fenders on the car over winter he ran it in the spring with no oil in the supercharger and I had to have it rebuilt. I have a new headliner in it but plan to get the dash fixed. Any pointers on starting it and avoiding it seizing up would be appreciated. thanks. Tom (Rred300)

Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Tom,

to you and your '57 Clipper Four Door Sedan. I invite you to include it in the Packard Owner Registry.

Concerning the problem you're experiencing, it's probably a timing-out issue if you're composing a long message. Suggest you save the message before you post or compose it in word and then copy and post it into PackardInfo. I think it's about 15 minutes before PackardInfo times you out if you're "apparently" not using the Site like moving between posts. So either use the preview function often(every 5 or 10 minutes - that will keep you live) when composing a post or save it, or compose outside and copy in.

EDIT - Looks like you solved the problem!

Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Any chance you may be logged in but not "active" for 15 minutes. If 15 minutes with no activity, the system automatically "unlogs" you. This is particularly noticed when writing a post that exceeds that time. One trick many use is to do a copy of your post just when you finish it and then click submit. If you get the error, just log in again and click the reply button, paste your post in the window then resubmit.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 20:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2011/3/29 0:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi Tom. I just picked up my tail lights for my 57 last thursday. Another hurdle overcome! When I started my beastie up, I did the usual first, check the fluids, clean the plugs, etc. Not knowing what was in the gas tank, I ran a line into a can of gas. Started right up!

Posted on: 2011/3/29 1:08
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
Don:

I just bought a 1958 Packard Hawk. I added it to the registry earlier today and sent Big Kev the owner's manual for scanning. I haven't got the car yet but am very excited to hear that supercharger in action.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 19:03
Dan Marrin
Summers; Breezy Point, MN, Winters; The Villages, FL
'48 Sup8 conv, '48 Sup8Del LWB sed, '58 Hawk.
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Donald Keller
See User information
hi dan welcome to the packardbaker owners group. we are a small select group of owners saving one car at a time. Don

Posted on: 2011/4/5 9:57
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved