Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
193 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 192

58survivor, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

"Egyptian" hood ornament questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I have this hood ornament for sale in the "For Sale" forum, but I need more info on which model(s) it's correct. I've been told it was an optional ornament, I think for '48, but I don't know which models (seniors only?) it was available for, or if it was also offered in '49 and '50. Anyone know?

Posted on: 2010/12/9 14:46
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Re: "Egyptian" hood ornament questions
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is in the 22nd series acc bookhttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/48%20Accessories.pdf and no restrictions noted so would assume at least available for all in those two years. There is also this compilation photohttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=9&cid=1 with unknown credit. I have seen this photo published but don't remember which book. It would seem to indicate it was available maybe 23rd as well.

Posted on: 2010/12/9 15:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Now where on this site are the other option/accessory books? I've never seen that before....

Posted on: 2010/12/9 19:41
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Sometimes it is hard to say because there are several categories a piece might fit into. That one happens to be in Brochures as are several other year acc folders. Others are in Salesman and Dealer information. I usually have better luck just looking thru what is available in View by Year than trying to look at a category.

Posted on: 2010/12/9 19:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Denny Z wrote:
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Now where on this site are the other option/accessory books? I've never seen that before....

It also shows up in the 1948 Fact (Data) Book and the 1949 Dealer Accessories Price List.
As HH56 says, it's easiest to find these by year.

Posted on: 2010/12/9 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I didn't realize how rare this ornament was, so I think I'll keep it! I've been unable to find a photo anywhere of one mounted on a car. If you have this on your car, could you post it here? Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/12/10 12:13
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I've seen it on a green station sedan, and I believe a gold anniversary sedan.

Posted on: 2010/12/10 13:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
I have a 22nd series 1949 project car that has this ornament.

Posted on: 2010/12/10 13:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved