Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 62

wjames, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Grills
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim
See User information
Are 48-49 and 50 grills truly identical? I always see them advertised on Ebay that way. Just curious....

Posted on: 2008/1/4 12:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Grills
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, there are at least 3 different grilles for the 22nd and 23rd series cars.

Posted on: 2008/1/4 15:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I'd suggest you take a look at the 1948-1954 Parts Manual on this website (Parts Group 30.874 Page 464). Although there are three different part numbers for the radiator grill (we are talking about just that one piece of chrome directly under the hood and in front of the radiator yes?) there is a great deal of cross series (22nd/23rd) utilization depending on model number. The primary difference being Standard vs Custom.

Posted on: 2008/1/4 23:52
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim
See User information
Oops! Sorry I already know the diff between custom, and standard. Just wondering if a 48 Standard will fit a 50 or if a 49 Custom will fit a 50 as it were. Not wondering if a Custom from a 50 would work on a 48 Standard just if same for same model is interchangable thru the years.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 14:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Yes they are the same with the exception of the 223rd series Super Eights. Their center grille looks like the attached.

Posted on: 2008/1/5 15:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
It looks like my bmp file did not display. I'll try a jpg. hopefully the attached will work.

Attach file:

jpg  (6.53 KB)
462_477fed17e484e.jpg 216X162 px

Posted on: 2008/1/5 15:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved