Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14)

Re: 350+ scans of original upholstery-carpet-top cards
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Ok, check out the material cards. I wrote the script last night to parse through Brian's file, and update all Material Cards with updated title, and descriptions and also remove the duplicates. I think the titles and descriptions read pretty nice. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Posted on: 2011/3/6 1:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Not what I was expecting, but my examples were at the minimalist end - as I wasn't sure how far you were willing to go with this. Instead, you got a little fancy with it, and the extra work shows!

Your choice of format and data for the image titles looks good. Yet, I'm glad that you didn't simply split the tag data between Title and Description, but included the tag data in its entirety in the Description.

I had thought about field labels for the Description, but kept mum on that. Now, together with the thumbnails, the field labels do wonders for the Gallery listings in the Photo Archive. For the most part, the info was all there in the old titles, but I think it will be much easier for layperson to follow.

My goal in providing you with that spreadsheet was simply to offer data that could be parsed as you see fit and clean up any redundant entries.

So, I will leave it up to others to comment on any further changes. I'm sure there will be some, but hope that any proponents look at this work from all angles - not just one entry or a group of similar entries - so that we retain uniformity across all of the material card entires.

Meanwhile, with about 600 application listings for Bulk Trim in the 48-54 parts book and just over 300 in the 55-56 edition, we don't have 100% coverage - even with the 200 additional application that Brian (BDeB) is working on.

However, I consider it a real blessing that we have this much info - nearly 55 years after the last Packard rolled off the assembly line in Detroit. Today's vehicle sure do pale in comparison to the rich variety of colors, textures, and weaves and the tasteful combinations of trim that Packard offered us all those years ago.

Posted on: 2011/3/6 10:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Just took a look at the new postings and they are what I envisioned the final product looking like. They look great, easy to follow, Brian and BdeB's descriptions mesh with my file tiles. Kev did his usual fine work.

A very nice piece of work if I may say so. Thanks for the fine tuning and to Roscoe for the donation of the scans.

Posted on: 2011/3/6 12:34
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Waaaay back in my post of this thread, I referred to the Trim Set number as the parent number of the collection of specific trim assemblies for a given vehicle, but after some discussion in Randy Berger's 1956 Caribbean blog regarding dfferent trim set numbers for what appear to be same color combinations, I feel that I need to modify my position on that.

Further review of the information in the front matter of parts book shows some Trim Sets that are actually common to entirely different body styles and models (of saem year), but dimension and patterns clearly vary between them.

So, I would now say that the Trim Set number reperesents only the collection of bulk materials required to build a specific interior trim combination. The Trim Set not a direct link in the production Bill of Materials, but more of an offshoot or cross-reference.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 9:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved