Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 230

Packard Don, Bingo, Out Islander, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

junk yard cleaning out.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Someone might be interested???

Default 1500 Cars Going to be crushed March 2011. Buy them while you can
I know of a Junkyard in York, PA that bought a old abandoned junk yard about 6 years ago and now township wants the old junkyard gone and cleaned up. All these cars/trucks will be crushed starting the 1st week of March. I walked the yard myself twice. Most of the cars are from mid 1940's thru 1979. From what I have seen the cars are complete. All makes and models are in the junkyard. He built a garage and has 1 or 2 guys working there disasembling cars and trucks what ever you want. They have the heavy equipment there to pick up and put the cars/trucks you want on your trailer or rollback. I talked to him a few weeks ago and he is now trying to sell the cars just as scrap weight to try and save as many as he can. The prices were pretty high back a few years ago but now time has run out on him. The name of the junk yard is Baugmans Auto Parts. Phone# is (717) 846-3944 Mon-Sat. I imagine it will take about 2 months to crush everything once the crushing starts. He will save any cars you want if you come and spray paint your initials on them and put down payment on cars you want as he has told me. I plan on getting a few but can't save them all. Hope alot of people come to the rescue of these old cars. You can google map the address and look at the cars thru sattelite imagery and see them in the woods.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 1:10
 Top  Print   

Re: junk yard cleaning out.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
dangit why are all these places up north of me.

are there any Packards, or just normal 40s cars. yes every other car to me, other than packard, is normal. LOL! as in plain.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 1:19
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
If that's the case, there's a slew of parts i could use; 60s to 70s pontiac parts, any packard parts, father in law looking for a sedan delivery project, friend has a 79 lincoln he needs side trim for....

Might be planning a trip for this weekend, York is about 5 hours away from me.

Is this legit or the stuff of old car legend?

Posted on: 2011/2/1 13:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Here's a link to some of their cars, wonder if they're all at scrap value (few hundred a car) or if they're sticking to their guns like the 3000 challenger?

http://baughmansautoparts.com/rosterlist.php

Posted on: 2011/2/1 14:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
On the internet I found a site talking about the junk yard that had some photos but they were of late 50-60's Fords (naturally it was a Ford link). Set in some deep woods and some were bad off but there were a few gems. One was an early 60's Ford Galaxie 2-door hardtop with bucket seats, console, and air conditioning. There was a good sprinkling of station wagons, full size and Falcon. In some photos you can make out some GM cars. I know there was a '58 Buick tail end in one.

http://forum.love-fords.org/showthread.php?804-Baughman-s-Auto-Parts-York-PA

Posted on: 2011/2/1 14:46
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jreeder41
See User information
I just talked to them. They are crushing cars as we type.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 11:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jeroen
See User information
i live in the wrong country :( . if i would live there i would have saved as many odies as my garage could take, or land. if you google on pics of car graveyards, you see the most beautifull cars sitting, rusting away like noone gives a ...., its a shame. i would go for the chalenger tho.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 11:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Wow. I am restoring a '58 2 door Ford Ranch Wagon, so I could sure use parts off of those wagons in that yard. It's a shame I am 3000 miles away!

Posted on: 2011/2/2 12:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved