Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Whos done the th400/700r4 conversion? (Your self or Friend)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
It was great seeing you at the GCC swap meet, Ryan. I look forward to following your progress and seeing the finished product. this should be a fun project!

Jim

Posted on: 2011/2/8 5:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
A possibility????

Since the popular modern US production transmissions do not seem to be easily adapted to the V8's then maybe one of the popular and widely available Japanese or other popular foreign transmissions mite adapt easier?????

I don;t know. But it's an idea to keep in mind. Even if the 4cyl transmissions won;t last as long as a 700R4 (due to V8 power) then replacing every 50K miles mite be accapetable if the conversion is easy and cheap enuf to do.

Common sense mite tell us that 4 cyl transmissions won;t last very long if coupled to a V8. True. However, common sense does not always ring true.

Posted on: 2011/3/3 22:23
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ryan Messner
See User information
I haven't even looked into that but knowing that they are able to get 600hp+ out of newer jap/foreign motors they are going to have a trans that is going to keep up. Not sure where to even start with that one but could be an option.

out side the box for sure...

Posted on: 2011/3/9 20:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Outside of the box ??????
What other choice do i have??? No one will let me in!! Shit, i can't even see a door anywhere on the box. Or in the immortal words of a couple of our more eloquent and prolific P'info members, I mite just have a bad case of "persecution complex" coupled with "endless guessing". Gufwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 21:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Sounds to me like it would be cheaper quicker and easier to get a rebuilt Ultramatic than to buy an adapter kit plus rebuilt GM tranny.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 23:30
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved