Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

29tons, indhd20s, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Interesting Packard 12 Engine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
In case folks don't visit AACA, here is an interesting post on a what appears to be a Packard 12:

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=481600

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2008/1/24 10:14
 Top  Print 

Re: Interesting Packard 12 Engine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
West Peterson is about 5 years to late in discovering that photo. Robert J Neal sent me a copy of that photo back in April 2003 along with a copy of the story he wrote about the inline Packard12. I was one of the first persons in the country to see a copy of the article and picture before it was published in a PAC publication in the Spring of 2003.

The original photo is a contact print from a Packard factory 8 X 10 size negative. The copy of the photo that was sent to me by Mr Neal had to be one of the first copies made of the photo. I will be sending to Kevin a copy of the letter Mr. Robert Neal sent me along with a copy of the photo that Mr. Neal included. I hope that Kevin posts both on this website.

I had in the early part of 2003 some private communications with Mr. Neal about the article he was writing. He said that he would mail me a copy of the article before it was published. I really didn't think that would happen, but he was true his word. I feel very proud that Mr. Neal took me into his confidence while he was writing this article.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/1/24 18:43
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
John, thank you for sharing. The inline-12 or monobloc 12 is one of the most interesting stories ever to come out of East Grand Blvd. I'll be interested in reading what Mr. Neal sent you.

Posted on: 2008/1/24 19:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
John,

I second the thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2008/1/24 20:50
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Starting on Friday night through next week I will post some history on the Packard in-line 12 cylinder engine. I had to search the library for about five minutes to find the copy of the article the Mr. Neal sent me.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/1/24 22:40
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
John see my post at the AACA website indicating that the I12 discussion was initiated by YOU some 3 or 4 years ago.
http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=481784#Post481784

WHY is it that those jokkers over at the AACA Packard forum think THEY just discoverd the I12 ????? I mean Jesus Christ.

Posted on: 2008/1/24 23:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Packard53 wrote:
West Peterson is about 5 years to late in discovering that photo.
John F. Shireman

John
Too late for what?

Posted on: 2008/1/25 9:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

WHY is it that those jokkers over at the AACA Packard forum think THEY just discoverd the I12 ????? I mean Jesus Christ.

Where did you ever get that idea? If I gave the impression that I was the initial "discoverer" of the photo, I apologize. I certainly didn't intend to do so. I only posted the photo because I had never seen a photo of the Inline 12, and thought it would be funny to ask for one for my birthday. As it turns out, there are several non "veterans" and non Packard owners who not only never saw the photo, but never heard of it either.
Which makes the new post a good thing, in my opinion.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 9:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Five years ago I didn't own a Packard. Although I have spent many, many hours reading old strings on various websites to try and learn all I can about my new obsession, somehow I'd never come across the inline twelve. So... it's new to me! Thanks for posting a link to the photo here and increasing my Packard knowledge. I guess I need to save my pennies and get the Kimes book.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 12:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
From what I've found out on my AACA post, it sounds like you should look for a first-edition book. There seems to be two or three books on eBay at any given time, but I don't know how often a first-edition comes up.
I just got done reading the Spring 2003 issue of "The Packard Cormorant." Send me your email address to StelvioGT @ yahoo. com and I'll forward a pdf of the "Monobloc Twelve" story (that goes for anyone else who'd like to see the story as well).
Perhaps I can get you up to speed before PackardV8 chides you for not knowing everything there is to know about it.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 13:23
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved