Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: 1st Annual PackardInfo.com River Fun Run - Laughlin, NV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I saw that in person. It is one fine trophy, well beyond the average trophy. Thanks to Don Laughlin for making that trophy available.

Craig

Posted on: 2011/11/13 21:50
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
"Longest Distance Drove" ???

Posted on: 2011/11/14 8:44
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Congratulations on your inaugural outing, and thanks for the reports and pix.

Though I swore off flying (commercially) many years ago, I had been considering driving all the way out from Pennsyltucky out for the event. (In the absence of high speed rail service, what better way to see the country than by automobile?) Unfortunately, even my daily driver isn't in good enough shape to make such a long trip.

I sure like the idea of a long weekend for such an event, rather than bunking in a hotel/motel for nearly an entire week.

Hope this is the first of many more to come!

Posted on: 2011/11/14 15:20
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just a heads-up. We have already received significant interest in next years Fun Run, and have already started to lay the planning ground work. Stay tuned for more details as they become available, but mark those calendars now for a Early-Mid November time frame.

Posted on: 2011/11/15 17:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
I got the 'Long Distance Drove" award meaning the Packard that drove the furthest distance. I think I beat out Robert McAtee by 20 miles or so.
I just got my 55 Clipper out of the shop with a new crankshaft because my Packard oil pump wore out after 50,000 miles. I also had the new Oldsmobile oil pump conversion kit installed in my Clipper (352 V8) and I have 60 psi on my mechanical oil gage and the car cruises at 75+mph. Here's to more than 50,000 miles on this oil pump.
Hope to see more of you next year. My wife enjoyed herself, instead of the 'Tech Session' she went shopping! I think I had more fun at the 'Tech Session!'

Posted on: 2011/11/15 21:19
1955 Clipper Custom
1940 160 Touring Sedan
1953 Patrician
1948 Super 8 Limo
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Duane, I am so glad everything worked out so well on the Clipper. As always, the car looked great and it sounds like it is running better than ever. Craig's talk and demonstration along with the information and images I had from doing the pump upgrade on the '40 sure made it easy to see. Your pressure results and silent lifters after 75 & 80 across the desert made it a tangible demonstration.

All, I am presently working with the Riverside Hotel and should have a new date next week. I was really glad folks had such a good time and were all interested in a second annual get together. I have to say. The folks at the Riverside were really glad to have us, and are about as antique car friendly a venue I have every been involved with.

Funny, I thought "ok, the fun run is over, now we can take a break" followed by Kev and I working on details and dates for the 2012 fun run two days after the 2011 one concluded. Car guys are hopeless I guess!

Posted on: 2011/11/19 9:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Just received the latest addition of Packards International magazine in the mail. In living color on page 48 is coverage of the River Fun Run.

Looks like the start of a new Packard tradition. Congratulations Big Kev and all who made the event a success.

Posted on: 2012/2/6 14:19
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes that was a pleasant surprise to see it this quarters magazine. I had no idea they were going to do a story on it. I'm always the last to know!

We have some things in motion that tie into this and if everything works out we could be looking at around 30+ cars in attendance this next year.

Stay tuned for more information on this as plans firm up.

Posted on: 2012/2/6 15:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
It surprised me too ..........but kudos again for putting on a good meeting in Laughlin!

Posted on: 2012/2/6 18:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved