Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 230

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

gas mileage
Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
Anyone know what kind of gas mileage I schould get on my 1953 Patrician with 327 in stop and go traffic up to 55 mph

Thank You

Posted on: 2011/4/15 19:45
 Top  Print   

Re: gas mileage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
In stop and go I'd say maybe 10. Open road, 17.

Posted on: 2011/4/15 19:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Let's see:

When new:

1954 Patrician 359cid 8 mpg city, 12.2 mpg 60 mph

1953 Cavalier 327cid 10.8 city, 14.8 60 mph

1952 300 327cid 10.5 city, 14.5 60 mph

I knew someone who used a 300 everyday and when he pulled into his local gas station the attendent would ask: "How much today?"

However, a Ford E350 van 7.5l litre V-8 takes around $100 to fill so Packards aren't the most expensive cars on the road, although I doubt that the above numbers can be achieved given they are for new cars with brand new carburetion, ignition, and engine blocks.

Also, a 1954 Imperial showed 12 city, 13 at 60 mph.

Curious that gas mileage was not a big selling point in the 50's when proven reserves were not much higher than now.

Posted on: 2011/4/15 20:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry:

http://www.fueldoctorusa.com/

Posted on: 2011/5/13 8:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And with a "name" paid to push them, they'll sell a gazillion.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 9:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Apparently those gadgets are fairly new on the market. Monday i went to a auto parts chain and there they were on a display by the main cash register. ONE was sold from the display rack. I know the manager fairly well and asked him if that one unit was actualy sold or just removed from the rack for promotion. He said an unknown customer actually bought one. We laughed so hard i nearly pissed my pants.

Thursday i went back to same store and there was only ONE left in the display rack.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 9:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A friend of mine who relocated from Pgh area to Detroit used to stop and visit several times a year. One time he told me he bought every gas-saving device that J.C. Whitney carried and installed them on his car. He had to take them off because on the way home to Detroit he had to stop so many times to siphon off the excess gas that he got sick and arrived home too late to go to work on Monday morning.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 12:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Unbelievable!! I just went to Walmart and cleaned them out of clothes pins, I heard that if you put them in your tank you don't even need gas.

Foolish things, even if believed by many are still foolish.
Alfred E Neuman

Posted on: 2011/5/13 20:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Fred - you've been talking to Dave Czirr again. He has made a fortune selling used wooden clothespins.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 21:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
The best part of this device is that it is literally a modified cell phone charger. Don't even need to make something to scam someone any more, just have to find a legit product and convert it!

Posted on: 2011/5/13 21:27
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved