Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 158

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'32 - Door Hinge Screws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Does anyone out there know where I can buy the 1/4", slotted, oval head, NF machine screws that are used in my '32's door hinges?

Posted on: 2011/4/21 13:18
 Top  Print 

Re: '32 - Door Hinge Screws
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Not sure what you mean by "oval head"
Here is a decent start:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screw-fasteners/=bz415e

Posted on: 2011/4/21 13:25
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you mean 1/4-28 thread, not many offer them in screws and particularly in slotted. Not sure how long you need but Macshttp://macsautoparts.com/model-t-oval-head-machine-screw-slotted-1-4quot-28-x-3-4quot-soh28a/camid/MDT/cp/JS0R3CHL1107367/ has some oval slotted 3/4" long as used on early Ford cars.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 14:12
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Oval head? Doesn't sound right. Doesn't it also have to be for a countersunk recess? Didn't something come up on this same topic a month or two ago? Check this chart, I would have thought they'd be Phoenix or Lentil head. In any case I'll ask around when I visit Automotive Restorations on Saturday if you identify the head style and length by then. Also, sounds like an enjoyable rainy day project to just make them.

Attach file:

jpg  (170.11 KB)
177_4db096cf8b626.jpg 889X1600 px

Posted on: 2011/4/21 15:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Sending a Big Thanks to all and

Phoenix (see correction below) head looks correct. I need lengths of 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2".

Randy - Thanks - didn't see any at Mc Masters & Carr, but was worth trying.

HH56 - The Ford ones suggested by HH56 look like they would work for the shorter ones I need after they are shorten.

O-D - Thanks for offering to look at Restorations. Please let me know what you find out.

CORRECTION - The more I look at it and read they are a Lentile head

Posted on: 2011/4/21 17:50
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As promised, I spoke to the owner of Automotive Restorations today about the door hinge screws. And the answer, unfortunately, is that nothing like that is commercially available that he knows of. When they can't save the originals they just make new ones. Not at all a complicated piece to make - are you handy with a lathe?

Posted on: 2011/4/23 17:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information

Posted on: 2011/4/23 18:38
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved