Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
80 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wiring connectors
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard7
See User information
Is there a good supplier for the butt connectors used in 1947 clippers? They are on everything from dash board to tail lights?

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:16
 Top  Print   

Re: wiring connectors
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Are you talking about the "Bullet" connectors? If so, you local parts store will carry them.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
The connectors are called Wade connectors. I know Potomac Packards (800-859-9532) sells the one to one version. Good luck

Posted on: 2011/5/30 8:37
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Paul_K
See User information
I can't say enough nice things about these people. Even better, they are just down the street from me. Their work is 100% excellent and they do sell the needed bits and pieces.

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/pdfs/Complete_Catalog.pdf

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/pdfs/Oldsmobile-Packard.pdf

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/

Posted on: 2011/5/30 13:58
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FLAMES COMING OUT OF THE STACK< YOU ARE NOT RUNNING TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL.
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard7
See User information
Sounds like the Wade connectors are what I am looking for.

Thanks for all the help.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 0:10
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard7
See User information
Thanks Dallas... I am going call them tomorrow. I have been chasing open circuits for 18 months....

Posted on: 2011/5/31 0:27
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

packard7
See User information
Called them today and they were very helpful. Check is in the mail and the connectors are on their way. I hope they cure my problem with the OD.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 0:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Packards solution to problems with the OD connectors was to cut them out and solder the wires together but yours is more elegant.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then checking all the switches--particularly the governor-- could be productive. I believe there were several posts within the last year on intermittent switch problems. One poster rebuilt a governor with problems and I believe posted photos of how he modified the weights for a different engage speed. Mal posted pictures on one of his blogs of a lockout switch with worn plunger which would not reliably make contact and the fix for that. A poster on one of your other threads suggested the kickdown switch as a source of problem for his car.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 9:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved