Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30)

Re: Eric's Packard Barchetta Speedster Project
Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Good progress here!!

It really seems to be working out very well in the design phase. I really like it! I think this car will be very nice when finished and really make a statement.

Good luck!
Barrie

Posted on: 2009/12/21 12:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yeah, it's going together pretty well. It's really surprising to me how well stuff fits together across the years.

I've got a new gizmo coming hopefully next week (since the guy canceled on me for today) that I was originally thinking of putting on my '48 (since it came off a '49) but the more I think about it, I want to put it on the Speedster.

Remember, the Speedster is supposed to embody the BEST of what Packard had to offer, and I'm building it to suit.

Posted on: 2009/12/21 14:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Thread closed, parts or whole thing for sale. Email turbopackman327@gmail.com

Posted on: 2010/2/3 23:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Just hold onto the cars parts and equipment u really want to keep. I've got cars and m/c's here i've owned for over 20 years, some nearly 40 years. There has been a time or two over the decades that i just had to park a couple of them for anywhere from 6 months to as long as 3 years in one case. You know how to do that too. Just hang onto them.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 8:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The thing is, this whole incident has turned me completely off to Packards and cars in general. I can't stand to look at them anymore. I just feel completely sick about it all.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 9:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
I love Ponca City!

I found a barn with a pile of Packard blocks cranks and stuff. i am going to go back and get a nine bearing 327 for my 52' ( mine has a 51 288 that replaced what was original) I want to put what i think was original in my 52 Deluxe which was the 327. but i am not sure of the casting numbers to look for other than the THUNDERBOLT 327 AT on the head. if anybody knows more about this let me know. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FINNED ALUMINUM HEAD??
also there is bunch of Engines and transmission and all kind stuff that the nice lady is getting rid of ( Packard collector Husband passed to Heaven). i will give you her number if any body gets back to this post.

Thanks

Posted on: 2011/11/13 11:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe there was a thread in the last few weeks saying Turbopackman was no longer into Packards and was selling or had sold his collection. Perhaps that head is out there. Otherwise, it is one of those items that do pop up on occasion when someone cleans out a stash and advertises.

Head numbers are not much help since they all interchange. One that says 288 may well be on a 327 to change the compression ratio per factory documentation. Look at the motor number which will be on a smoothed area on L side of engine anywhere from about midway to above the starter and just below the head parting line. The proper engine for a 52 will start with a K. Look in the engine serial number reference for the various size and option differences.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/PackardEngineSerials.pdf

The 51-4 Ultras will interchange but if you are looking for one suggest late 52 thru 54. There were some internal changes that make getting parts a bit easier on later ones and some operations a bit nicer. Early Ultras had a different direct drive clutch and those that came with small engines also had fewer high range clutch discs & were not designed to handle larger engines with higher torque. Not sure where the changes happened other than in 52.

There is head interchange information as well as other pertinent data in the Misc Packard Information category in the literature section.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 11:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If authenticity matters to you, a 1952 DeLuxe, more properly known as a 200 DeLuxe, came with a 288 engine. A 327 5-main engine was an option, a 327 9-main engine was not an option but if correctness doesn't matter to you, it's a nice plus.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 11:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
JRP-III I am interested in what parts "the nice lady" has to offer. Please contact me directly via flackmaster at sbcglobal dot net or I have private messaged my phone number to you. Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/11/13 14:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved