Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
40 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 »

AACA Forums?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
What the heck happened over at the AACA forums? Looks like a daisy-cutter went off in there.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 12:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Re: AACA Forums?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Kev,

I have no idea. I sure will miss the ones that have left. They sure have helped me out on my restoration questions.

Now only if I can get in touch with them some way and tell them that personally.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 12:05

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hopefully they will come back to AACA over time, or perhaps pop there head in over here.

I can see why Rick got upset. That thread was kind of like his running restoration history/blog, and now half of it is missing.

His (Rick's) restoration thread where I got the idea for creating the Project Blog forum over here.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 14:14
-BigKev

Anonymous
BigKev and others.

Yesterday a prolific poster in the forums requested he be removed and all his posts with him. We honor those requests without question.

An unintended result of the request was that all "reply" messages to his posts were deleted as well. Unfortunately fixing the problem from a backup was not possible.

As a result another forum user took offense and started deleting his own post subject names. I understand his frustration, but at the same time, it only exaserbated the problem. We've taken steps to fix that problem.

Again, I appologize to the Packard community for this mistake and can assure you procedures are already in place from preventing this problem in the future.

Regards,

Peter Gariepy
AACA Webmaster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Pete,

Thanks for the apologies.

Don't you love modern technology. :)

Posted on: 2007/2/14 14:47

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
This is like blowing up your house and killing two of the inhabitants and then saying "Oh, I'm Sorry". I think it was done just as childishly as some of the posts they rail about and then delete. I doubt it was accidental.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 22:57

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well not sure about the Forum software at AACA, but the software I use here doesnt even allow you to even delete all mesesages by user. If a user gets deleted all their posts still show, but that user is shown as an inactive user.

I can delete posts one by one, or an entire thread. Hopefully I will never have to do either.

Posted on: 2007/2/14 23:11
-BigKev

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I think that the confusion lies in the fact that I asked if the administrator of the forum if he could delete my account, not that I wanted him to eliminate all my posts. I was simply asking if it was possible to "ban me", not to have it done in the way that it was. I see this as a chance by the AACA to clean house, and to that effect, it has been accomplished. The reason why I asked if my account could be deleted is that I didn't see anywhere in the "my home" section, so I figured that it would have to be a moderator/administrator to do it. All in all, it makes me realize that I was correct in wanting to leave the AACA Forums, as the power hungry "powers that be" have been looking for any excuse to get rid of the "malcontents" on the Packard forum.

Eric, member of The League Of Extraordinary Malcontents

Posted on: 2007/2/14 23:16

Anonymous
Eric,

Eric: "the power hungry "powers that be" have been looking for any excuse to get rid of the "malcontents" on the Packard forum. "

Eric: " I asked if my account could be deleted"

If removing someone after they requested to be removed is "power hungry", then your right.

Peter
AACA Webmaster

Anonymous
Randy,

Dont you thing you analogy is a bit "dramatic"?

Eric was deleted at his own request. The house and ALL of its inhabitants remain, but all the stuff from one member left with him - thats more of a correct analogy.

As to your conspiracy theory...

Peter

(1) 2 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved