Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Packard5687, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Please Help to find zil or zis in USA
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
Hy my Name is David.
I am trying to find Zil or Zis in USA. Please if any body have any info about cars for sale please contact me Email. Davlet145@gmail.com or cell 4146302853
SANKS VERY MUCH

Posted on: 2011/7/12 0:21
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print 

Re: Please Help to find zil or zis in USA
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
no cars zis or zil in USA can't be.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 19:50
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Not everyone in the U.S. looks on the PackardInfo website. Where else are you advertising?

Posted on: 2011/10/24 8:09
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
tried google it Zis or zil for sale did not find anything

Posted on: 2012/3/25 20:30
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
I saw a Zis in a private collection in Ohio a couple of years ago.so there are some around.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 21:19
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
The Russian ZIS consisted of autos built after the war from the pre-war Packard dies of the One-Ten, One-Twenty, One-Sixty and One-Eighty. There were slight changes to the grille, and they wore a flying red star hood ornament. The power came from a low power Soviet engine.

The name "ZIS" is from the Russian words "factory" (Z), "in honor of" (I) and Stalin (S). It later was renamed "ZIL" to deemphasize Stalin, the "L" honoring the Russian designer. This was ten years later after the dies had worn out.

So what you are looking for is the ZIS. You might try adding "One-Ten" or "One-Twenty" to your search.

Good luck- It would be interesting to see what you come up with!

Posted on: 2012/3/25 21:27
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
For a long time it was thought by many people that the ZIS was the result of prewar senior Packard body dies. Now that the Cold War is history and ZIS are more accessible a closer comparison between Packard and ZIS has been done and the conclusion has been reached that the actual measurements of the cars are too different for them to have come from the same dies. Therefore it appears that the ZIS styling results from Russian admiration of Packard styling rather than from actual Packard body dies. There was an article in the PAC Cormorant magazine about this a while back. There are probably more ZIS in the U.S. now than there have been, but most of them are still probably over in Europe. Hope you find one!
Ken

Posted on: 2012/3/26 8:41
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might want to go back to this thread, it's got about 30 plus pages on the ZIS.

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1062&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

PS - as to ZIS 110s remaining in the US, I don't know what's here but the 2 I was personally familiar with were both sold a while back and exported back to Europe or Russia. "Gusha" is our resident ZIS expert.

Posted on: 2012/3/26 8:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
I got my info from the "Bible" of Packards, Packard- A History of the Motorcar and the Company. I guess it is incorrect.

I was under the impression that facts in print were more reliable than stuff on the internet.

Posted on: 2012/3/26 12:01
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Earlier versions of "Packard-A History of the Motorcar and the Company" did say that, but the version now being sold omits it. Like I said, a lot of people thought that at one time, including some of the most knowledgeable people on Packards. Since the end of the Cold War, however, the ZIS has been more closely examined and additional facts have come to light.
Ken

Posted on: 2012/3/26 12:33
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved