Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Please Help to find zil or zis in USA
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Yes, I have the 1978 edition. That explains a lot.

I guess the part about Elvis giving his mother a pink Packard 400 has been omitted too.

Posted on: 2012/3/26 21:31
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Ken, thanks for the information. It isn't the first time to get an interesting ZIS-related book tip from you.

Quote:
...Earlier versions of "Packard-A History of the Motorcar and the Company" did say that, but the version now being sold omits it...

As long as various authors said it, they did it without source and explanation. Is the omission accompanied by detailed explanation?

Below an outer trunk lid hinge of a ZIS. A Packard One-Eighty has them inside.
The door hinges of an One-Eighty are outside. A ZIS has them inside.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.04 KB)
757_4f714bf691c33.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2012/3/27 0:11
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Dave (Owen_Dyneto), thanks for the kind words. As measured by your Packard knowledge I am a ZIS greenhorn.

Quote:
I saw a Zis in a private collection in Ohio a couple of years ago.so there are some around.

Don (Don 37), would you be so kind to give us a bit more information (year, body, color, state). To me Ohio is a blank spot on the ZIS map.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.31 KB)
757_4f715bf86dee3.jpg 390X390 px

Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:17
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
FWIW my edition of "Packard- A History of the Motorcar and the Company" which was bought new last year says basically what I said, that many people thought that the ZIS was made from Packard dies but that after the Soviet Union dissolved it was determined upon close examination of the car that the ZIS was a close copy of the 1942 Packard in many respects, but that it was not an exact copy such as it would have been had it been made from the original Packard body dies.

FWIW, I have seen a Packard said to have been bought by Elvis for his Daddy. Maybe he bought his Mother one too!

Posted on: 2012/3/27 10:23
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
I do find same cabrio for 165 000 but all again in Europe. :(

Attach file:

jpg  (45.30 KB)
3853_4f7a5adbbf7ad.jpg 887X467 px

jpg  (51.79 KB)
3853_4f7a5ae4966f7.jpg 890X590 px

Posted on: 2012/4/2 21:06
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
Hello Sr. My name is David. Sr. I was searching in forum and found that you have alot info about zis. I am looking for zis in USA but couldnt. find anything. can you help me please with my issue to find Zis in USA please. I will be glad for any info if you have or have seen in US please. maybe in a old cars meetings?
Thank You Very much Dav

Posted on: 2012/4/25 21:46
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
Please People Help!!!
wanted zis or zil. people help.

Posted on: 2012/5/14 20:14
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

3spdOD
See User information
I would be surprised if there were five of them in the US. Total production of the "'42 180" ZIS was around 2500 from what I understand, and the "56 senior" ZIL was only around 100. (There are other ZIS and ZIL models as well.) Earlier this year I saw the ZIS that Johan Berg in Stockholm, mentioned above, is restoring. He told me that he had a ZIS ambulance parts car, and when he was finished with it after some years, the remains went back to Russia and it's undergoing restoration now. That tells you something of their scarcity. If you really, REALLY want a ZIS, I would get in touch with Johan, who has connections into the Russian ZIS world. His came from Estonia.

BTW, from Johan's experience there are some small parts of the ZIS that are actual Packard, but the body is definitely not. You can reach up into the front fender and feel a seam where the front and rear halves were welded together, and if you examine side views of the fenders, the rear halves of both front and rear have a shape far more like C____ac. I felt this myself both on Johan's and earlier on one that turned up (from NJ, if I recall correctly) at the Centennial in Warren in '99.

Posted on: 2012/7/23 23:13
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
Hi There Thank you for your response. I do know a lot about Russian Zis sales. But the problem is they have a funny prices like 300 K for Zis project or 500 K for restored cars. is in it FUNNY :). Was looking for samething cheaper and here in US.
Thanks again Dav

Posted on: 2012/8/8 21:00
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
hello every one. it going on a lot cars shows. is anybody had a chance to see Zis 110 or 101 on car show please email me my email davlet145@gmail.com

Posted on: 2012/8/16 0:40
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved