Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 147

JW49, BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: New to forum
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Hoses, bend them sharply and look with a good light. If you see any cracking then replace.

Taxing cooling systems on hot days, that's one the government hasn't thought of yet. Keep it just between us.

Happy motoring

Posted on: 2011/7/24 10:49
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
54Clipper, welcome to Packardinfo. You have a stunning machine! Very similar to the one my father had in the late 50's. I live in Havre de Grace and travel to Ellicot City from time to time, perhaps in the future we could get together so I could see your car up close?

Posted on: 2011/7/24 11:32
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54clipper
See User information
Thanks - I feel very lucky to have found the car. My friend was visiting Northern Minnesota (way way up there) and drove by this car - it was parked in the yard with for sale sign in it. Same family for 35 years, who bought it from the original owner. It was always garage kept - and used little. I had my friend look it over and drive it, and after a good report - I bought it.

I just got it about a week ago. I had it delivered to directly it to Ross Miller - Packard mechanic in Parkton - who loved it. After a little fiddling - I drove it home with no trouble at all. I've been doing little things (new battery, a few lights etc...)

Let me know if you'd like to come see it. I'd be happy to show it - and maybe you can teach me a thing or two...

Posted on: 2011/7/24 12:04
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
54clipper. Thanks for replying to my post. I have a 52 200 and no one besides Ross Miller has touched it since I've owned it. Been going to Ross's garage for at least 5 years and try to drop by a couple of times a month when he is in town. Maybe I could meet you up there some time and we can see each others cars there? Let me know if you want my phone number.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 15:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
54Clipper, you are fortunate to have the Speedwell Garage close and convenient to you. Ross is the go-to-guy in the mid-Atlantic region for Packards. He did some work for me on my '55 Clipper before it was transported to me and I am most happy with the work he did.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/24 16:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
JW, I believe I saw your car on the lift at the Speedwell Garage when Ross was working on it. I've been following your posts with much interest. You have one heck of a fine car! Enjoy!

Posted on: 2011/7/24 16:58
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
54clipper wrote:Just bought a '54 Clipper Deluxe Club......Attached is a pic.....
G'day 54clipper,
to PackardInfo to you and your '54 Clipper, which looks real good.

I invite you to include it in the Packard Owners Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2011/7/26 23:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

rblum wrote:
JW, I believe I saw your car on the lift at the Speedwell Garage when Ross was working on it. I've been following your posts with much interest. You have one heck of a fine car! Enjoy!

rblum, thanks for the compliment. All I can say is that I have been working hard to make it better. Right now the seats and carpet are out of the car. This will be the subject of my next blog post.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/27 16:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
54clipper for including your '54 Clipper Deluxe Club Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2011/8/10 22:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved