Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 148

Ozstatman, kevinpackard, 53 Cavalier, Larry Reber, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: dreaded vapor lock
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
"Vapor lock" occurs when fuel is under negative pressure adn the fuel vaporizes or "boils". A fuel pump can only pump liquids and will not pump vapor. the only place in the fuel system tha fuel is under negative pressure is on the suction side of the fuel pump, the side between the fuel tank and the fuel pump.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 14:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Fred,
Duly noted, but where do the clothespins go?

Posted on: 2011/8/1 15:19
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Best use is for holding the pages of your factory service manual open to what you are working on. As it has been suggested that strong opinions are not welcome here, consider this an indisputable fact.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 15:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have had success with stopping vapor lock using a gallon of diesel with a tank fill up in my '47 Clipper Custom. So far so good.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/8/1 15:40
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
ok - the carb does have the insulator base on it. The fuel pump doesn't have the fiber insulation around the bolts. Help me on the bowl vent on the carb - where is it? The Packard Manual doesn't show it - I may need to consult the Motor Manual in the garage.

Thanks for the photos of the fuel line - that is what I have, plus the glass gas filter cut into the line near the carb. I have a 6 volt fuel pump that one of the Packard Clubs sell - guess I should try that soon. thanks

Posted on: 2011/8/1 19:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved