Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 126

Stefanie, Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rear Axle Seal 334929
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dwight Heinmuller
See User information
Anyone have a replacement for 334929, rear axle seal for a '37 (senior, I believe)? Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 11:08
Dwight
 Top  Print   

Re: Rear Axle Seal 334929
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dwight, is that an inner our outer seal?

I don't have an interchange, but if you have the old one, just measure the ID, OD and width and consult any of the many seal catalogs that select by dimensions. Timken has a good one (see below). OD of the new seal should be about 0.002-0.003 larger than the housing bore OD or the OD of the seal you removed. If you don't have the old one, you can get the ID by measuring the diameter of the sealing surface on the axle (inner) or of the hub on the brake drum (outer).

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,652.37 KB; Hits: 46

Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Rear Axle Seal 334929
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I do not know how accurate this list is or if numbers are still current but someone compiled a list of Packard and Stude seal crosses and posted it on one of the Stude websites.

It says #334929 is a Victor 49837, C/R 347052, or National 49564

Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:38
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved