Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 225

SteveP516, Bingo, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Oil Filter for my 38 8cyl
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
I am in need of an Oil canister for my 38 1601 D. I am tiring to get some of the maintenance done before I start her up and get her on the road home 4 miles. I put my new rebuild fuel pump from Mr Kanter on tonight. My question is, The oil canister is a Wix 51035 which is not made any more what replacement can I use. The canister is a disposable type and I am unable to find one that will fit.Thanks

Posted on: 2011/8/9 21:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil Filter for my 38 8cyl
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
We list this in the catalog we sent with the fuel pump as fitting 1939 only./ Either we are in error or your car has a 39 filter on it. It is a disposable 4" round, 5" long (approx) unit with fittings on the end. Has been obsolete for many years

Posted on: 2011/8/9 23:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil Filter for my 38 8cyl
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
yes, no and maybe. The factory position for the 38 oil filter was way down low and the correct factory filter (purolator) has both the inlet and outlet on the top. Many many of these cars over the years have migrated the filter to the area above the generator, with a clamp bolted to the head, a la 51035 style with the inlet/outlets top and bottom. I am not sure what Mr. Kanter is offering, nevertheless, I can supply a nice new 51035 for, ummm... $38.16 with shipping of...hmmm..$8.38. Incidentally, this should be painted flat black and the reproduction detail is available through PAC.

Attach file:

jpg  (144.44 KB)
439_4e42955721274.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/8/9 23:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved