Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Weekend Work/Happenings?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
So what is everyone working on this weekend? any event or shows?

I have more cutting and welding in my future. I hope to have both front floor pans in place by the end of it. Weather and my patience permitting of course.

Jim... Hows that engine coming along? Pace Car you know.

Posted on: 2011/8/19 11:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Weekend Work/Happenings?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Kev: Not much to report about events other than the usual 2 or 3 cruise nights on weekday evenings, and our PAC regional picnic this coming Sunday here in NJ. We've been seeing a lot of rain lately and hoping for a nice day. If so, we'll probably see 25 or so Packards, maybe more. In mid September we'll be looking forward to the Fairfield County Concours which this year will be concurrently hosting a CCCA Grand Classic - big time stuff.

On the car front, I've been finishing up some of that preventative maintenance that I started last year, plus checking the 34 over for the upcoming PAC tour next month. About a week ago I pulled the axles and repacked the rear wheel bearings, installed new seals and reset the axle shaft end play (did the front wheel bearings & seals last fall). Yesterday I rebalanced the 4 road wheels/tires, drained flushed and refilled the differential, transmission and rear shocks (did the front shocks last year). Repacked the universal joints, greased the yoke, and generally checked things over, for example making sure the Bijur was functioning everywhere it should be. A finally a quick brake equalization.

Today I checked fan belts, cut down the generator output (tour will be mostly daytime driving), packed some tools and spares, etc. I had a bit of a panic, I decided to check and make sure I could change a flat should I get one and realized that the key set didn't have the key for the Oakes lock that locks the sidemounts to the car. Went thru my coffee can of old Packard keys and LUCKILY I did find the correct key.

That's about it here.

Posted on: 2011/8/19 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hi Kev,

Not sure if I will get any Packarding done this weekend, but would like to get the front carpets cut and installed and get the seat back in the Fifty-five. It would be nice to take it for a drive.

This week has been devoted to covering our old Saltillo tiled patio with some nice limestone and building some new walks in the backyard.

I am eager to get the Clipper going again, so will probably venture out in the heat on Sunday.

David Coultard, former F-1 driver, is going to drive a Red Bull Formula One racer down Congress Avenue on Saturday morning. It is one of many international promotional drives Red Bull is conducting. Should be great to see a F1 car going down the avenue. Hope to get some photos, and will share.

Take care...

Posted on: 2011/8/19 13:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
May go to the Downers Grove (IL) cruise night tonight.
Orphan Car Picnic on Sunday. Always a great event <http://www.ccecorvair.com/oap>

Posted on: 2011/8/19 14:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Kev, installed rear brake shoes yesterday. Going to adjust brakes today if it quits raining. Tomorrow is the Saturday cruise about three miles away - I can almost coast down there, but need brakes to stop.

Posted on: 2011/8/19 15:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Woodward dream cruise weekend in Detroit. At least a half million people expected. I went last night and it was a zoo two days before the event even starts. Basically it was gridlock but saw some neat cars including an Amphicar.

Posted on: 2011/8/19 15:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Today, Saturday, clean and polish the Coupe in preparation for tomorrow's Eastern Creek Classic where in excess of 1,900 cars will be on display. Forecast is for clearing rain & showers but hoping the reality will be better than that.

Attach file:

jpg  (127.71 KB)
226_4e4ee240b3318.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2011/8/19 17:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Great to be back online.

I went downtown to watch a photo shoot of a Red Bull Formula One car drive up and down Congress Avenue in a promotion event for the sponsor. This was one of many promotional shoots Red Bull is doing internationally. The drive runs consisted of three fast drives with the driver, David Coulthard, spinning the car around 180 degrees with a lot of smoke and noise. Nice crowd gathered to watch the photo shoot. Here are some photos of the event.

I did not get to work on the 55 Clipper this weekend, too many family events took priority. I hope to get the carpet cut and installed this week.

All, in all it was a hot, but nice weekend, and I hope everyone did what they wanted to do and had fun doing it.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (46.85 KB)
565_4e541eaacd4bc.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (54.80 KB)
565_4e541eb9a3c2c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (40.08 KB)
565_4e541ecf198f1.jpg 480X640 px

jpg  (41.18 KB)
565_4e541edf4047e.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2011/8/23 16:48
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A friend of mine had his car, trailer and other stuff stolen at the Woodward cruise. Fortunately it was recovered. However it is damaged and needs body work - a 59 Caddy convertible. The mayor of Detroit gave him $1,000.00 - for pain and suffering???

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/08/detroit_police_recover_dream_c.html

Posted on: 2011/8/23 21:36
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Any weekend happenings coming up for anyone?

I'm still in New England, and fly back tomorrow morning. This weekend is eldest daughter's 15th birthday, so I will have a house full of teenage girls over for her birthday party. Perfect excuse for me to work (hide-out) in the garage as I am sure she doesn't want her dad there anyway spoiling the fun.

So I am going to make a push to get the floors seam sealed and painted. Then I can move on to priming the doors, jams, and interior surfaces.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 13:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved