Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 »

Re: New Server
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Server Node got hit with some kind of a DOS (denial of service) attack last night the crippled the server. Webhost suspended the website to prevent it from taking down the entire node. They may move the site to a different server cluster. So if it is going up and down, that is the reason.

Posted on: 2011/9/18 20:39
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Sorry about all these troubles Kev! Keep working hard, we appreciate it!

Posted on: 2011/9/18 21:05
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

I have full confidence in you and the webhost; it's the source of the DoS attack that I'm concerned about.

A gypsy's curse on the perp(s)!

Posted on: 2011/9/18 22:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Kevin, although I'm a newby to your site, I just want to say for creating and hosting this constant source of unique and expanding information. I have come to depend on it as a means to expand my own knowledge of the newly acquired Packard and appreciate the courteous professionalism displayed by yourself and those that support the forum with their willingness to freely contribute...hope the new server "serves" you well!

Posted on: 2011/9/19 11:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
+++ low priority +++ low priority +++ low priority +++

BigKev, don't know if helpful or unimportant but the wrong identity is even shown when logged out. I came via google to the website and the system (or its cache) welcomed me without log in (see attached screen shot).

+++ low priority +++ low priority +++ low priority +++

Attach file:

jpg  (29.43 KB)
757_4e791e95b4911.jpg 616X348 px

Posted on: 2011/9/20 18:15
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Aware of this issue. Just a page cache refresh issue. Will look at it upon my return.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 19:09
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hopefully those caching issues should now be fixed.

Posted on: 2011/9/26 14:16
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Kev, after reading your post I did my best to outjockey the log-in procedure but it looks steady like a rock!
I can't believe that you wait for the other shoe to drop but have another obscure phenomenon to offer.
Let me outline an usual PackardInfo forenoon but this time from the view of an European monitoring station. 7 o'clock (my time) in the morning I run past the computer and ask him to patiently wait until we have finished with breakfast. Equipped with the last half cup of coffee I delve into the virtual reality to find online the last overtired leftover of your neck of the woods. Jim and BigKev chat about pros and cons of meat slicers compared to sausage, roast and ham slicers while DAF is running out of steam. Sometimes Randy peeps in to inform where the Kish brothers met him today and where he will meet them tomorrow. So far so good.
Ten minutes later I have assembled my first complete sentence but too late, the Flackmaster is already gone, Kev says good night and Jim is too polite to do the same which forces me to translate a second sentence. Now, when all is said and done I'm alone in the chatroom and switch off to open my office and start my work, knowing that Mal is working hard to let us know that Wade's shop today won't open and for compensatory reasons he do his best (as always!) to use an original remark or a special photo to make us believe that naked men in Melbourne are high on the agenda.
At 10 o'clock Wade checks in to read flabbergasted the newest adventures. Thereafter he needs twenty minutes to rebalance while Peter Packard looks for more practical values like effective grain sizes of sanding paper and revolutionary pore size distributions of oil filters.
At about that time the coffee maker from Ross finishes its work, good timing as Ross like it to shimmerize his morning coffee by reading a foggy Stalin tale. Half an hour later JD announces the peloton.

Kevin, who are the 30 silent guests who watch our daybreak since a couple of weeks?

Attach file:

jpg  (14.22 KB)
757_4e80fd557074f.jpg 500X467 px

Posted on: 2011/9/26 17:31
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote:.....Mal is working hard to let us know that Wade's shop today won't open and for compensatory reasons he do his best (as always!) to use an original remark or a special photo to make us believe that naked men in Melbourne are high on the agenda.

At 10 o'clock Wade checks in to read flabbergasted the newest adventures.....

Kevin, who are the 30 silent guests who watch our daybreak since a couple of weeks?

Great synopsis Gerd of PackardInfos "going's on" and some of the players involved.

Although the remark about "naked men" is not one I care to be associated with. I'd prefer it to be "naked women"! My association with them, especially, would be fine.

You've nailed it as far as Wade is concerned.

The 30 silent guests? My guess is these "guests" are cyber-men gathering nuggets for the use of their masters.

Posted on: 2011/9/26 19:09
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have noticed large amounts of Anonymous users on the website all coming from the same IP Domain address range. Sometimes as many as 30 different connections all within a narrow band of IP addresses from the same home domain. All of these originating on the Chinese mainland. Not sure if these are "bots" or something more nefarious, so out of an abundance of caution, I have blocked that domain range from browsing the website here.

Once I did that I saw the number of users on the website drop from 40+ to around 20.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 15:22
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved