Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

2T300RE, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)

Re: Here is what happened today. What would you do next?
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I agree that this is not a Sunday School class where ther is no room for a difference of opinion where it's all "by The Book" This is a discussion on 'all things Packard' for the enjoyment and improvement of the marque.

Yes, there is plenty of room, time etc etc to discuss which color combination the '56 Caribbean looks best in and as we have seen the what-ifs of the 57's had they been full size.
Also the best way to read the 50-54 fluid EL-Traumatic
trans level and maybe even a bit of room for humor.

According to the rules of our High Range Ruler, Big Kev, this forum does not include the discussion of the police dept of Troy MI or any other town unless, I presume, they are driving or drove Packards as patrol cars. What I am 100% sure of is that deliberately false information on the Troy Mich PD injected into a completley unrelated topic is wrong in anyone's book. Packard V8 said that the info was according to his "source", but hey it was so preposterous and took 2 minutes on google to disprove, I consider it deliberate. One has the responsibility to check info before posting and the duty to not post clearly non -Packard related entries. As for the speed limit on roads undr the BLM all of you can figure out the appropriateness of that on a Packard site

As to the statement that if someone does not like it here they do not have to particiapate, let's examine that carefully and see what the implications would be here and elsewhere. If anyone elected to a town council, Packard Club office, or Congress didn;t like what was going on or the discussions should they not participate?? In these forum shoud anyone not satisfied just leave??

We live in a society which is mirrored in this forum, it's call democracy. All of us have the responsibility and the duty to improve and change it ofr the better. Our block, our town, our Little League, our state and our nation. If a Supreme Court Justice didn;t like a case should he go fishing for the week or put in his 2 cents?

So it goes here. There are things I find excellent and there are things I think can be improved which I don't like, so acording to PackardV8 I shouldn't participate and others agree. Then if nayone else disagrees with the forum shouldn't participate this forum is doomed to stay where it is forever. The Soviet Union tried that adn it turned out not so well. GM set up an atmopsphere that trained and rewarded "yes men/women" and we all know what the harvest was.

Packard V8's motto is "Annoying the world one person at a time". Should we all adopt that?

I have no motto, but I send many small parts for free to members who need a favor, I write PM's to help and I try to help a 40-post forum out of its misery by referring them to the factory Svc Manual where two lines will point to the solution.

The "attitude" that produces the above I believe is of benefit to the Packard community, annoying the entire world
benefits nobody and hurts everybody. Yes, I can be authoratative as I have been accused of, I'm guilty, look up the definiiton. I'm also proud to be authoratative. I am not authoratarian and cannot be here in this website as I have no authority

Posted on: 2011/9/19 21:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
+1

Posted on: 2011/9/20 0:02
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
In the course of discussion between human beings, it's only natural that we drift off-topic, from time to time. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with "spirited debate", either, as long as we're arguing in facts, rather than emotion.

It's when one person tries to rub another person's nose in it - and repeatedly - that things get out of hand. There has been more than one person banished from this site for that reason, but that happens at a lot more often at MANY other forums - especially those that rely on heavy-handed administrators.

Problem is that it need not have happened, here, if only some people would just know when to walk away.

I can yuck it up as good as anyone, but when someone is simply poking a stick in a hornet's nest, I try not to reward them with a response.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 8:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What happened???? Did i miss a good diatribe that i could have helped with??? I'll try to pay closer attention from now on to each and every post. I'm a little slow to catch on sometimes. Thanks for the heads-up BH.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 9:18
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved