Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 196

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Museum-Ft Lauderdale,Fl
Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
While in Ft.Lauderdale last week I found the time to visit the Packard museum owned by Mr.Arthur Stone.
What a great time my wife and I had looking at all the display's and all those BEAUTIFUL PACKARDS !!!
It's a must see if you ever get to that part of the country.
I could spend day's there!

Attach file:

jpg  (31.79 KB)
555_47d6cc8352db8.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (38.33 KB)
555_47d6ccd92f44d.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (34.26 KB)
555_47d6cd3763c0c.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/3/11 13:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Museum-Ft Lauderdale,Fl
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
I used to live around the corner from this museum. It is an awsome museum!! They put on an addition about two years ago to house even more Packards!! Well worth the trip to spend a weekend in Lauderdale. A good time to go down is in February for the RM auction..

www.AntiqueCarMuseum.org/

Posted on: 2009/10/24 20:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
I was doing some searching on the museum and found out the fellow who founded it, Arthur Stone, passed away in February.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-02-18/news/fl-arthur-stone-obituary-20100218_1_mr-stone-arthur-stone-packard

He passed away at the museum.... probably where he would have wanted to be. RIP

Posted on: 2010/6/29 21:47
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Hello Bill
While you were/are visiting the Fort Lauerdale Museum did you happen to notice the Dark Blue 1923 Single Six Doctor's Coupe? I am about to start restoring a similar "Holbrook" Doctor's Coupe here in Australia. It would be a huge help if you could ask them to send me some photographs of the seating and interior trim.

Many thanks

Bernie Jacobson
11 Glendora Lane
East Doncaster
Vic 3109
AUSTRALIA. <hel_bern@21century.com.au>

Posted on: 2010/8/22 7:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
There have been a number of pictures posted on this website taken at the museum. The following thread will take you to some of them.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/search.php?query=Ft.+Lauderdale&mid=6&action=showall&andor=AND

Posted on: 2010/8/22 7:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
For Bernie J,

Here's a string of website photos from a "1923 coupe" search engine inquiry:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/search.php?query=1923+coupe&mid=6&action=showall&andor=AND&start=20

Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/8/22 7:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Wow! SCORE!! (sort of)
Most of the photos are misidentified, as they do not show a coupe.

Posted on: 2010/8/24 10:03
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GREEN-ENGINE-BLOCK
See User information
The doctors coupe has some sort of medicine box built into the back seat. the car has an accordian-style running-board luggage rack. Ive been to the museum about 8 times. I can try to get better photos of the doctors coupe and email them to you, if you still need them.

Posted on: 2011/3/28 12:48
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GREEN-ENGINE-BLOCK
See User information
Its a great museum!! Go to youtube, and look for videos under my youtube user name, which is "thevealchop." or type the key words "car museum guide" into the youtube search engine. I took some short videos of parts of the guided tour. The museum has great collections of hood ornaments; shift knobs; rubber tire ashtrays; horns; oilers; handles; chrome parts; Its not just the cars; Its a lot of great displays of stuff all around the cars. ....I didnt visit the museum until Mr. Stone had already passed away. I dont know what the man's personal demeanor was; It might have been interesting to meet Mr. Stone. But the tour guide Frank Valez, is a friendly and informative guy.

Posted on: 2011/3/28 12:56
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GREEN-ENGINE-BLOCK
See User information
Do you see image 2993 posted by user "1938 club coupe"? That white sedan is the 1932 shovel-nose. Notice how the backround is dark, but The car is in perfect focus in that photo. The car sits in the Southern wing of the building. That wing seems to me to have somewhat less light than the north wing of the museum. The museum has porthole windows which sit up high, close to the roof. The museum trys to make use of natural lighting to give just enough extra lighting, to supplement the limited amount overhead fixtures, and keep electric costs down. There are also wall sconces. From a photography perspective, unless you're a professional photographer hauling in lights, and reflecting screens, photography is tricky for the amateur. You want the cars in perfect focus! Your lighting is affected by what time of day you are at the museum, because the natural light filters into the museum porthole windows at different directions, depending upon the sun's position. automatic focus cameras offer different modes. Cameras today offer a "natural light" mode which is different from a regular "automatic" mode. then theres "natural light with flash" and "natural light without flash." What is a perfect photo is a matter of taste. But the wrong camera setting with too much light exposure will give you blurry shots of the cars. Flash or no flash is a matter of personal taste. I think, if you can get a decent photo without flash, go for it, because flash can distort colors.

Posted on: 2011/3/28 13:13
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved