Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: '53 Cruising Speed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54clipper
See User information
All GPS models should be extremely accurate measuring speed (not as good at measuring exact location) but for speed they are all great. That being said, I personally have had great luck with all of the Garmin models. Their customer support was good the one time I needed it. The reason my speedo is not accurate is that the modern radials are smaller than the original bias ply 7.6 X 15's. My speed was within a 1-2 miles an hour when I had the old tires on it.

Posted on: 2011/10/12 18:25
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bobs51
See User information
Quote:
As an old electronics guy I'm surprised you are not familiar with Hertzian waves. Refers to the 19th century physicist not the car rental agency.

I am familiar with where the term Hz, indicating cycles per second, came from. To me it was like renaming a street for instance JFK Blvd. To me it was always Grove street or what ever.

Posted on: 2011/10/12 21:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Did you know the Saturn was originally to be named Uranus? GM changed their mind about the name because they did not want to lose a big chunk of their fleet sales. They were afraid no one would rent a "Hertz Uranus".

Posted on: 2011/10/12 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Bob51.

We probably need to get familiar with GPS. So many people are so helpless without it that in another 10 years or so verbal or written directions will be impossible to obtain from many people. They will only (CAN only) give a street address and expect us to GPS it. Thus road signs will be obsolesced.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 7:12
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Rusty--I will be chuckling to myself ALL DAY.

Posted on: 2011/10/13 7:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved