Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 149

Ross, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Solving the Oil Pump Problem - Packard V8
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Packard0820, SOunds like u have an EXCELLENT engine overhaul. Congratulations.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 20:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Craig wrote: "Only Kevin and myself were willing to "go the final mile", as it were. Kevin contributed his 1955 engine and I contributed my time to work out the final engineering details..."

If i'm not mistaken, Kevins engine is STILL on the engine stand.

If i remeber right it was MY CAR that was the first (maybe the second??) to actually put the pump in operation and drive the car. So i was putting MY ENGINE on the line for an experimental TEST. AND i did it with great confidence in your kit.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
John you are just a trouble maker.

Craig

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:06
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Eric:

The fact that you find Kevin's posting "completely hilarious" is akin to Al Gore claiming that "he invented the internet."

Craig

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Craig. I think the best thing to do at this point is to PROMOTE your KIT instead of YOURSELF!!!!
I'm trying to promote the kit as much as possible for you. However, noone is going to sit around and listen to you or Kevins' bullshit about how u two are the Deities of Packard V8 engines. .

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Keith:

Yes you are right. You did install the first adapter kit with Olds pump. I have your feed back right here:

<b>Olds pump installed.
Cold start up 40 psi. Hot (160 -180 degrees F) start up 37 psi. Idle speed 600-800 rpm: cold, 40 psi, hot 20-35 psi.
1800-2000 rpm hot engine 40 psi. 2200-2600 rpm hot engine 47-50 psi.

The Olds pump will slam the needle over to the above readings instantly on cold or hot start up.

The lowest reading i could ever get was at 200 degrees at idle 600 rpm with air con running and that was 20-25 psi.
</b>

I have about 20 other feedback messages that say about the same thing. BUT, Keith you were FIRST!

Craig

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
What???

You said:

<b>Craig. I think the best thing to do at this point is to PROMOTE your KIT instead of YOURSELF!!!!
I'm trying to promote the kit as much as possible for you. However, noone is going to sit around and listen to you or Kevins' bullshit about how u two are the Deities of Packard V8 engines. </b>

Keith, you need to calm down. I do not and never have promoted myself. I don't need to. See:

http://www.originalho.com

As for the oil pump adapter kit, I've sold less than 30 total. It's more of a pain in the ass than a profit thing.

If YOU want to take over the production of this and reap all the profits: be my guest!

Craig

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Packard0820.

Tell us about the engine O'haul procedure. What bearings did u use for the crank, rods and cam???

Posted on: 2008/3/15 21:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
John -

Thanks for bringing this error to the viewers' attention and helping to set the record straight.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 22:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Gentleman,

Again, but a bit more specifically, Kudos to those 'internet Packard' people that helped get the fix off the ground with their time, money & ideas. I remember the days when we used to nightly get onto a 'chat' forum and type away about Packards, their history and how to maybe make them better cars. There was Keith over in TN fashioning a foreign made master cylinder onto his Executive, Shoewood over in California making improvements to to adjustable torsion links and other things and Eric in Kansas trying to boost the heck out of his '56 Patrician's performance. Back then too, Craig was fashioning disc brakes to put on his '55 Patrician and working on that Panther project. Then came the efforts related to the oil problem. Because people with their collective thoughts were throwing ideas around on Al Gore's internet (sarcasm intended)the fix came. The idea of the fix didn't come from the major clubs, it collectively came from an ad-hoc group that wanted to make their cars better. Then Craig H, from Nevada comes along and puts together the finished prototype. He had it engineered using his dollars and convinced me I should place it in my engine (that still rests on a stand) for the day when I get my project on the road. (As a side note, it's because of many of you in the forums that I continued to undertake the project after my pop in law died because I never for all practical purposes turned a wrench before buying my 400) If memory serves, no one else that I'm aware out here on Gore's internet has fronted the $$$ to put (30) adapters in the hands of people trying to fix the problem but Craig. (Yes- I'm loyal to Craig & I'll always give him the credit he duly deserves for getting the adaptors in circulation)

Lastly, Craig and others thanks again for what you've done to solve the oiling problem on these cars. To those that just want to pick away and whine, get over it and move on. Time for me to move onto other more important things too.

***Big Kev & Packard0820*** I apoligize for how this thread sorta went sideways.

Kevin
Tucson

Attach file:

jpg  (36.32 KB)
20_47dc92c696904.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/3/15 23:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved