Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 109

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Lets Start Planning for Warren
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I should add that the event continued into Sunday, with an all-makes cruise-in.

Normally, I wouldn't bother mentioning this since I didn't attend and most Packard owners are usually on their way home by then, but I saw more than the usual number of Packard vehicles in attendance in the footage shown for a local TV news report Sunday night. This was probably due to groundbreaking for a 10,000 square-foot expansion of the Museum that will provide space for 35 additional cars.

Posted on: 2008/7/21 8:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sounds like it was a fun event at Warren. I wish I could have made it. Cant wait to see more pictures!

I actually just got back Vacation/friends wedding. 8 days in Vegas with long hot days and even longer nights left me little time to check in here on the website. Glad to see everything is business as normal.

Hopefully next year Warren will be in the cards for me!

Posted on: 2008/7/21 20:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: I put a dvd disc in the mail for you today. The disc contain around 200 pictures I took at Warren last Saturday. Hopefully it will get to you by the weekend, so that you can post the pictures for all to view.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/7/22 19:51
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks John, I will look forward to it. If I don't get it by Friday, then I won't get it until the Thursday after as I will be in King of Prussia, PA from Monday until Wednesday on business.

Posted on: 2008/7/22 19:53
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gordon and Michael Conn
See User information
It turned out that my father and I weren't able to make it up to Warren...Our County Fair is this week and I had 4-H project judging on Saturday...It sounds like it was another great show that seems to be growing each year! Hope to make it next year.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 6:40
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Late-breaking report:

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/508626.html?nav=5021

I can't remember who, but someone asked about the new Caribs on display in the museum and what happened to the owner, and I thought this might help.

Posted on: 2008/7/31 8:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks for posting the link Brian. I was the one who wondered how Steve actually died. You hear so many rumors - it's good to hear it wasn't deliberate. I met Steve at a Packard get-together and he was warning about the front spindle breaking because the casting was not cleaned up in the one area and did not allow any flexing of the upper spindle. A spindle had snapped on one of his Caribbeans while coming down a mountain. Very lucky there was no other damage or injury.

Posted on: 2008/7/31 9:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just posted almost 200 pictures taken at Warren 2008 that John was kind enough to send to me. They are in the "Unidentified" catagory until we can get them all tagged and filed away.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/7/31 13:36
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved