Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 237

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'35/6 8/su8 Oil Cooler etc.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Whats ur concensus on the factory colors or plating for the
A. OIL COOLER/HEATING
Black
Green
B. TUBE ASSY
Black
Green
Plated
C. FILTER heres a green one w/decal that just went on the bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-9-Packard-Su-8-and-12Cyl-L-8-Oil-Filter-/150709656059?hash=item2316fed9fb&item=150709656059&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
Green
Black

-Is there a virgin engine out there that can tell us A & B
-My take on filters for '33 up is when they left the factory they were green. When they got a filter change they came out of the box black. BUT IVE BEEN WRONG BEFORE.

Posted on: 2011/12/10 10:41
 Top  Print   

Re: '35/6 8/su8 Oil Cooler etc.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Oil cooler - engine green.
Oil cooler lines - nickel plated.
Oil Filter - Purolater replacements were certainly black. There is some evidence, albeit in B&W photos, that the L6 and perhaps L8s were originally green from the factory, see the photo in the 11th series Service Letter, Vol 7, #16, of Sept 1 1933 but keep in mind this was a publicity photo and not from an assembly line engine. Also clearly shows the lines were plated, and I believe this remained so on the later Eights & Super Eights.

I'd suggest that painting the filter black will not result in a judging deduction, but painting it green might, or at least entail a request for proof which as you know won't be easy to obtain, if that's of any importance to you.

Posted on: 2011/12/10 11:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved