Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 163

humanpotatohybrid, Tobs, Ozstatman, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Horn Relay for 23rd Series
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
My 1950 23rd series has a Delco horn relay on it that looks a bit funny. The horn relay sits vertical on its mount and comes very close the sheet metal edge on the body. Someone has bent the body metal slightly so there would be no interference. I doubt that Packard would do that originally.

I looked up a horn relay as best I could and found that replacement units have the mounts arranged differently. Does anyone have a photo of what the original horn relay looks like?

Posted on: 2011/12/19 10:55
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Re: Horn Relay for 23rd Series
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Relays were the same from 48-54 so the location or orientation must be an issue. 2 screw bracket on one side to elevate relay off body, and 3 in a row terminals opposite. If no one posts a mounted 50 picture I can do one of relay only.

Attach file:

jpg  (6.94 KB)
209_4eef602889300.jpg 389X43 px

Posted on: 2011/12/19 11:02
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
NAPA still stocks a variety of horn relays, both 6 and 12 volt, and many are nearly identical to the original, though in your case without the "Delco" embossed on the cover.

Their HR100 if still among those stocked is their # for 41-54 Packards.

Posted on: 2011/12/19 14:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Since O_D mentioned the replacement available, here is a picture of both. Delco on top, Napa on bottom.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.64 KB)
209_4eef997cadab0.jpg 395X640 px

Posted on: 2011/12/19 15:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
That side by side photo beautifully shows my question. The Delco relay sits higher off the mounting surface than the Napa relay. I have a working Delco relay that was on the car and i bought a new replacement that looks like the Napa relay. I could use either one but want to stay original if possible. I am having fun with this old car trying to fix it to the original specs. That is why I am fussing about this small item.

Posted on: 2011/12/19 15:46
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved