Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Plant Panorama Photo -- What Year???
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

As Editor of PAC's Motor City Packard Region I am always on the hunt for historic photos related to Packard. The other day I was on the Library of Congress web site searcing the photo archive from the Detroit Publishing Co. and ran across a series of 4 separate photo that could be made into a panorama of the Packard Plant.

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/det/item/det1994008430/PP/

The LofC says the photos were taken between 1900 and 1915, but I am looking for a more specific date.

I am not very good at Photoshop and asked my friend Craig Handley (PAC's Editor of the Cormorant News Bulletin) and asked what it would take to "stitch" the 4 photos together. Soon Craig e-mailed me the result and you can see it below.

Clue #1: I tried to zoom in on the car license plate, but could only read the numerals and not the year of the license.

Clue #2: The front of the building is only four stories. When were the other stories added on top?

My guess is between 1906 and 1910. Do any of you have a closer range? Or an actual date?

Thanks, --Roger--

P.S. If you click onto the photo it will allow you to zoom in for a better look.

Attach file:

jpg  (53.20 KB)
436_4f108c032c2c7.jpg 1280X270 px

jpg  (105.98 KB)
436_4f108c16a72a4.jpg 1280X851 px

Posted on: 2012/1/13 14:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved