Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Engine Motor Number Photos Needed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've been thinking of this for awhile but lately there seems to be more questions so perhaps a need.

I would like to compile a pictorial of places to look for the motor number. To this end, I need help with photos of some engines and the number location.

V8 is mostly covered although I would like the alternate front location Randy mentioned. Studebaker based cars & their location I haven't seen posted so pictures would be appreciated.

Between factory documentation and photos others have already posted, post war is partially covered--but some are of less quality than others so more would be appreciated to get the best.

Pre war is not covered well at all so if anyone has or could take photos it would be appreciated.

Once I have them, will compile years in a format easily referenced and credit the contributor.

Posted on: 2012/1/18 13:50
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Engine Motor Numbers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Photo from 1934 Eight. See blue outlined rectangle. Believed to be the same for 320 and 385 engines from about 1932 (perhaps earlier) thru 1939.

Attach file:

jpg  (266.66 KB)
177_4f1717238aca1.jpg 1920X1291 px

Posted on: 2012/1/18 14:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks, Dave. Exactly what I am hoping for.

Posted on: 2012/1/18 14:07
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
After some thought on how to best present the information, believe there is a pretty decent method. Kev has agreed to incorporate motor number location photos into his engine serial number list. That will provide a single concise document on the where and what to look for.
Some photos are in hand but need more to ensure showing the best and clearest information.

Anyone wishing to contribute, would you please post a picture here with the year(s) of the Packard the photo or location covers to best of your knowledge. Any particular engine size if there were variations in location would also be needed. Another advantage to posting here would be to have a second place in a single thread for easy reference and linking.

I will also compile them, pass on to Kev for his list and credit those used.

Pre war -- info is almost nonexistent.
Immediate post war -- need pictures.
51-4 -- could use better.
V8 -- need the alternate location.
Studebaker based -- for reference to location only unless someone can provide a range of numbers.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 13:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I don't know if you want pics of complete engines or just a way to show the location. You can use this one of my engine if you want.

Attach file:

jpg  (122.23 KB)
508_4f18ae7e8cb4e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/1/19 19:00
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Here are pics of alternate VIN number location on passenger side of block adjacent to the fuel line. Difficult to focus camera holding it down behind the radiator. If you click on picture it will blow up to see it better.

Attach file:

jpg  (68.46 KB)
23_4f19e8401461b.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (66.38 KB)
23_4f19e84cdcb33.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/1/20 17:19
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks 51 Packard and Randy. Any more takers? Sure could use more prewar. O_D's Eight photo is the only one so far. Also have nothing on the six.

Posted on: 2012/1/21 10:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Do u need model 2262 1948 288 cid numbers???

Posted on: 2012/1/21 12:27
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Keith, if different than the one 51Packard posted above then yes. The only one I have of postwar pre 51 is the 356 showing the middle location. It is not very good.

Also have the two you posted on V8's and would like to use them. If you could post them again here, that would also help in trying to keep a reference in one thread.

Posted on: 2012/1/21 13:04
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Howard,

Will look at my pic's and see what I can find for Pre-War, I definitely have some, but probably not today.

Posted on: 2012/1/21 14:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved