Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
52 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 50

Joe, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fred's 1956 Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
trs wrote: Great to see and hear there are more Clippers out there being taken care of. Have attached a photo of my 56 Clipper Sedan located in Norway. TrondS

G'day Trond,

to the Site. Good looking '56 Clipper. Could you please include it in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
TRS. tell us more about your Clipper. I have a 56 Executive which is the same as your car. International Clipper owners and Packard owners are most welcome and intereting to correspong with.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 21:31
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Trond Skattum
See User information
Thank you. First have a look at our clubs website 8 Amcars Club established 1977.
http://www.eac-1977.com/
then click on the flag for english and crank up the volume. We are a bunch of say well established guys in Norway that collect Packards, DeSotos,Studebakers, Kaisers, Willys, Hudsons etc, those makes that are gone.
We have nearly 300 cars from bush wrecks to mints.
I have been through reastoration in earlier years from Olds 57, Studebaker 51 and found a 58 Packard 2D HT 20 years ago that I brough home from US.
My CLipper just arrived from Florida. Wanted an easey project this time, that it is. The car is a US National First Prize winner and was restored in the early 90's. Lets say I found the car just in time before major rework is necessary.THis car got 2400 miles since 1994, runs great, is like neww, just need a little tender care, greasing and oiling, a new exhaust manifold that the shipper in US managed to knock off when loading on to container, a Torsion motor fix and heat blower oiling(stuck) after years in "peace".
Can send you more photos if you like. My email is:
corrected email adress:
trskattu@online.no

Posted on: 2008/12/3 13:31
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Trond Skattum
See User information
Thanks, this car was purcased in August 1956 by a Fred Zeigler (or Ziegler)in Greencastle Pennsylvania, a retired publisher I believe of a weekly newspaper named Echo Pilot.
The story after that is unknown, but you know, we will dig in and find out more. This car was a US National First Prize Winner in 1994. More may be posted as you like.
Trond

Posted on: 2008/12/3 13:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
I know that I posted pics of the re-painted engine awhile back, but thought that I would add them here as well. I had the rocker covers powder coated, but I'm not all that happy with the way they look. I might have them done over in something that looks more like the silver that they should be. Right now they sort of look like primer coat. I ordered a set of A879 lifters from Jack Vines, I hope that takes care of the failing Mopar lifters that are currently in the engine. So that is going to be my over the winter project along with getting the interior done.
Next spring the Clipper goes back to the trans shop for more work on the Ultra-tragic Maybe this time they can get it to shift out of 1st gear in 'D'

Attach file:

jpg  (137.85 KB)
278_4936fd09d1401.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2008/12/3 16:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I had one problem when I first had my T/U rebuilt in 92. When it got warm it would not upshift into Direct. At the time my friend Ron (who rebuilt the tranny) called John in Calif. I don't know John's last name but he used to go to an area and give seminars to Packard mechanics on the intracasies of the tranny. His immediate response was "You've got a bad rear pump". Now Ron wanted to discuss the issue but John was adamant and told Ron to look at the rear pump again. Ron did find a problem with the pump housing, not the pump itself. We replaced it and the car has shifted smoothly ever since. The rear pump controls the shifting, so perhaps your guy can doublecheck that.
I like the car. Two questions - what is that upper rad hose and why the convoluted drain line from the oil filter to the block?
I see that there is a powder coat approaching chrome - at least that is the claim.

Posted on: 2008/12/3 18:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Fredrick. Which MoPar lifters are u currently using???? Prefer part number if u have it.

Posted on: 2008/12/3 22:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved