Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring 37 115C
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
I ahve a 1937 115C that I am trying to unscramble the lighting circuit on. The wiring diagram shows a city, passing and driving circuits. Of these which is the high beam circuit and what do they mean by each circuit as far as brightness goes? The wiring diagram also shows a notation by the dimmer switch "Left light for passing" what exactly does this mean and how does the dimmer switch work? The head light switch also seems the have multiple positions. What are they?
As a footnote I ahve found the NAPA fan belt 25-24449 works better then the listed one.

Posted on: 2012/1/23 15:31
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring 37 115C
Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
I had the same questions when re-wiring my 38 6.
Then I read the owner's manual and all became clear !
There is a owners manual for 37 on this site in the
"Literature and manuals " section.
I contains the info on the "Passing Beam" and a wiring diagram.
RT

Posted on: 2012/1/23 16:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
The light switch on my 38 has 3 positions. First is my parking and tail lights, second is my head lights (hi and lo beam determined by the dimmer switch on the floor) and the third I use for my fog/driving lights

Posted on: 2012/1/23 16:15
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Phil, your light switch wiring would be a non-standard one.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/1/23 22:13
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packick
See User information
OK, let's see if I can remember. I have a 1937 120 and I am sure the light switches are the same as the 115.

The first position on the light switch is for parking lights only, the second position is for City driving, and the third position is for Country driving. As I recall, the high beam switch works for the second and third positions. Also, on the third position, the RIGHT light is brighter than the left light. I think the theory is that you would not blind oncoming drivers but light up the side of the road.

Somebody might want to correct me, but that is how I remember it.

One final point. On my 1937, I always drive with my high beams on at night. I figure my pathetic 6V beams on high are nothing compared with todays halogen+fog+whatever beams coming at me so I can hardly see.

Posted on: 2012/1/24 20:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved